Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4094 / Visits Today: 2230
Highest Active Users: 4094
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Deja Vu all over again? XXX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  23:23:21  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

I have about the same luck staying with a project.

Just wondering, have you ever messed with any 400 series? I'm mulling a somewhat similar changeover on a 416. Just wondering if Vickers sideplates would bolt onto a Sunstrand?

It's a big project with this one. But maybe an entire rear half with BGB might bolt on. The shifter might be a big deal. I've never done anything with a 300 or 400.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  23:27:24  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Ron, you must really be feeling well.

Can't complain, but I usually do.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  19:58:00  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's getting there.
I luckily found the old wiring harness I made, but since I didn't mark the wires it took time to figure things out. The wires must not be routed the same as last time cuz I had to lengthen a couple and a couple are a little too long, but I can live with that. Found the 'old' exhaust pipes, too. I put a spark tester on and jumped it with a spare battery and all 'seems' well. No gas tank yet or throttle/choke lines, but I have the old ones from the original XXX, so that's tomorrow or later.
Colder weather coming back and even though I have heat it takes forever to overwhelm the cold inside. The wife is talking about a new garage with good insulation for a shop. She must be getting tired of listening to my moaning about the weather.
Anyway, these pics taken today may not look much different, because the old XXX was a Simplicity, too. It's still a little rough.

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 01/29/2015 22:08:56
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2015 :  19:43:41  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's alive ..............

After a day of -
Lowe's for project lumber
Home, to eat
Nap time
Shuffling the snow blower tractor/walk behind snow blower/wife's Sonoma/the big truck/Grand Caravan/D-A Wrecker around to brace for the 'impending doom' projected by forecasters that demand everyone will suffer from 5" of snow, for the rest of the weekend. I finally got around to putting the rest of XXX II all together for a tryout. After enough cranks to get the gas to the carb and started it for about 2 seconds and shut it off. I was going to quit for the night anyway and wanted to make sure it would run, since the 'impending doom' was getting closer and I don't know when I can get out there again to button things up (and unhook the battery, in case I didn't wire something right), until I can spend more time out there. I know the hydro is okay from using it in XXX.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  15:21:09  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You got more done in a day than I do all week. What is the "impending doom"?
Did I miss something?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  16:37:51  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did I miss something?

Snow, 5" or so.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  18:06:55  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I am in the middle of the bull's-eye this time.

Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  22:36:14  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did I miss something?

It's when our local forecasters cry wolf constantly and nothing happens. The predicted we would get anything from 5" to 1000" depending who you listened to ....................... we got 1/2" last night and another 1/2" this afternoon, then rained the rest of the day. They tell you this to get you to tune in, during their little snipet commercials. They bat about .004 for being correct in the last two years. Some day they will give a bad forecast, but now they have made the viewers not believe them, cuz of their track record.

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 02/01/2015 22:40:08
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  22:38:13  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by simplelife

What did you end up with Mike?

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 02/01/2015 22:38:49
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  23:43:19  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be driving into the white and blue zones above... how will the roads be tomorrow in those areas? Does MO and IL plow the highways well?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  10:04:53  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat

[quote]Originally posted by simplelife

What did you end up with Mike?

B.R.

The "official" reading was 12.5".

Edited by - simplelife on 02/02/2015 10:18:02
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  11:40:04  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry 'bout that, Mike. We got a total of, at the most total, 2". If it hadn't have warmed up to rain it would have been sorta bad here. It rained all day from morning to night (yesterday), then 13 degrees set in, overnight, with 1/2" of snow again with frozen rain underneath.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  12:25:45  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron, I would rather deal with a lot of snow than freezing rain followed by really low temps. I was so confident that we were going to miss it this year that I only had the front blade mounted. Just finished installing the blower and chains on the 7116. Hope the old belt holds up long enough to clear a path. You better order some warmer weather by the weekend. I am supposed to attend a conference in Muncie on Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  12:30:11  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm .. couldn't find the edit button for the previous message. Did I ever tell you that I would rather try to start a 2 cycle weedeater or chainsaw than install chains, especially when it is in the teen's!!!

Hmm just noticed the edit ICON is now there.. just love Windows 8.

Edited by - simplelife on 02/02/2015 12:31:26
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  15:05:49  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be around if you want to have a fat chewing session or split a hamburger. Maybe find Zippo, too.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic