Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1731 / Visits Today: 1731
Highest Active Users: 1731
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Overheating solved
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  11:32:19  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, some of you may remember I was always having problems with my 7016 overheating with the hood on. I found a hood at a Simplicity dealer from a 7117 and had a friend at a car repair place use his torch on it. I was so tired of mowing without a hood. I will eventually repaint the hood but I think it already looks tons better and definitely allows enough airflow to keep things cool.

Obviously aside from cutting the headlight area out and the hole on top of the hood, I needed to cut a hole for the exhaust, and extend the hole for the gas tank cap. I didn't realize how much longer this hood was then the original! Forgot they extended them when they went to the twin cylinder engines. Also, since the hood went back a bit further I had to cut the corner off to allow the throttle to go forward all the way. Hopefully I can pretty it up some soon but for now at least it has a hood again.

Jon

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  13:20:24  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It certainly looks roomy. A little cleanup and a new full length grill and that could be a right fine looking modification.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/09/2014 13:24:29
Go to Top of Page

tractorjoe

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2015 :  12:56:24  Show Profile Send tractorjoe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
add hood scoop and an electric blower

- Joe

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2015 :  13:36:09  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That ought to cure the problem.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2015 :  19:35:41  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you ever get a chance to finish it up?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  10:29:26  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, I haven't touched it since it was put away in the fall. Since it is kept out at my dad's I have to go out there to work on it. And I have been non-stop busy with winter sports being a taxi for the kiddos! :) I hope to do some more work on it in the spring when it gets warm out!

Jon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic