Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1729 / Visits Today: 1729
Highest Active Users: 1729
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Deja Vu all over again? XXX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  18:58:10  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zippo sent me these old pix that I must have sent him a few years back. I was surprised to see how much it looked like I knew what I was doing.
Sunstrand hydro, Kohler OHC, power steering, 12.00 rear, 10.00 rear, AC, radio, heater, etc.

Could it happen again?

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 07/29/2013 19:00:02

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  19:35:07  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron; where did that tractor end up? Is it still being used? That is the neatest FDT I have seen on here to date....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  21:29:28  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4112&SearchTerms=XXX

I knew there were some pix of it on here somewhere.

B10DAVE - I think I have it all but the frame and the engine, but the power steering and tire/wheels are on my wrecker. I still have the wheel/tire set-up off of Bigg Boy. Body parts are in a building, getting scratched up every time I move something.

http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6918&SearchTerms=bigg,boy

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  07:20:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron, as they say, talented people are often crazy also. I guess you qualify as talented.....

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  19:15:27  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh oh.

Not again.
A foot dragger with a Sunstrand?

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 09/26/2013 07:41:53
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  23:24:10  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron are you off your meds again?
Those tires look like monsters.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  06:06:03  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Firestones! Looked at the price of them in 26" for the Legacy...ouch. For just shy of $400/pr, I'm getting by with the turfs!

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  22:01:48  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, sir you are an inspiration! I hauled home a 900 series just last night that needs to have a Frankenstein moment with an old Allis FDT! I'm seeing a cheap hydro/hydraulic lift B-200 series in my stable after this winter. I don't have the parts for power steering though as you did previous, not out there in my graveyard to be borrowed. I'm betting yours will have a different engine than mine.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  06:47:11  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rear half finished (mechanically), now, moving toward the front. I thought I saved handmade mechanical parts from XXX, but couldn't find them. I have had to rely on photos on some of the handmade details. Now for the engine, and running boards, of course.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  19:15:58  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
guaranteed you will find the special parts when you get done,
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  21:49:24  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by superbinder

guaranteed you will find the special parts when you get done,

Yep, that's a sure thing!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  11:22:19  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found the missing handmade parts in an earlier photo on here, being hauled to my scrap pile, still mounted to the old XXX frame. Probably melted down into a crappy Toyota toilet car bumper, by now.

Oh well. I re-made everything now.

Insert Image:

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  19:59:45  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, last week I got bored from the temperature staying at below 20 degrees, then finally a warm-up into the 30's and 40's, I ended up bringing this XXX II down from the building, back onto the lift. I stopped working on it mid-January/February last year (maybe 2 years ago) when 'the season' picked up (plus I couldn't remember how I mounted the 18hp OHC in the original XXX.
It has taken 3 working days to get the engine and driveshaft, mounted and connected. I'm sure the engine isn't mounted like the original version. Anyway, it's about ready to go on to the wiring.

Insert Image:

This a the photo taken back then, (see the greenery outside of the open door).

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  20:02:14  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biggie_rat

Well, last week I got bored from the temperature staying at below 20 degrees, then finally a warm-up into the 30's and 40's, I ended up bringing this XXX II down from the building, back onto the lift. I stopped working on it mid-January/February last year (maybe 2 years ago) when 'the season' picked up (plus I couldn't remember how I mounted the 18hp OHC in the original XXX.
It has taken 3 working days to get the engine and driveshaft, mounted and connected. I'm sure the engine isn't mounted like the original version. Anyway, it's about ready to go on to the wiring.

Insert Image:

This a the photo taken back then, (see the greenery outside of the open door). It has a different Kohler OHC in it now.

B.R.

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  22:14:08  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have about the same luck staying with a project.

Just wondering, have you ever messed with any 400 series? I'm mulling a somewhat similar changeover on a 416. Just wondering if Vickers sideplates would bolt onto a Sunstrand?

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  23:17:46  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron, you must really be feeling well.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic