Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 487 / Visits Today: 487
Highest Active Users: 487
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 will i finsh it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  20:11:07  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well i started on my b-10 today. and screwed up already. the rear end should be black, but who cares on this one. well any who, i will try to finish this project for ya all. i have five things going at once. i hate when i do this. A.D.D. I THINK IS WHAT ITS CALLED.
i dont like the yellow, to bright so maybe i will let it sit out front after its done and let the sun fade it a little

bin having trouble with photo bucket and will try to get some pics for you guys soon.

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  20:41:03  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I recall you are not one who has a limited color pallet anyway. I only use photo bucket if I am posting from my iPhone or iPad. I am not a great fan.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/18/2011 20:42:52
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  21:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Freddie...go with pin stripes or something original =]

I use Photobucket because I'm usually posting from my phone, and the app makes it so easy, BUT it is quirky. Can't wait to see the project!

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  21:42:14  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well heres them start of it. this is kinda a fast way of doing it.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  21:59:08  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear your 'fast' method steps...I would like to do my Squire 'fast'. =] I can't tie up the garage or basement for two months again. How long you been at this one? What did you do to prep the old girl for paint?

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  22:12:43  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SAND BLASTED IT. did all that and paint today. next is the hood and body parts. then the engine.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  22:24:59  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy crap...what kind of paint are you using? Mine took hours to dry and I thought that was good. I cant imagine getting that much work done in a day. I'd have to take a vacation day, and really have my ducks in a row. Fantastic work!

Apparently, I need to get a sandblaster...

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  22:35:22  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work! Yea that is fast, i'd definitely need some time off to compete with that LOL

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  22:40:38  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just have to use hardner. dry's in 4hrs
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  22:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gotta get on a new program!

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  22:45:17  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
l.o.l.
plus i have an oven to bake it IN, i cheat a little. L.O.L.

Edited by - freddie on 08/18/2011 22:46:14
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  06:09:47  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...too bad your on the other side of the puddle. I could use a friend with all those toys =]

Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  07:02:29  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I painted my B-110 parts in the morning of some of the really hot days we had here this year and let the noon sun bake them for hours. Course hardner doesn't hurt. Redoing my deck now. Should have it painted this weekend. Freddie are you using PPG paint?

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  07:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be trying tha Valspar color on my next orange project (none slated, currently), but need to find a good gold for the Squire. I'm a bit uncertain where I can find or have one made. What do you prime with?

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  20:37:13  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i use to use primer. but i repaint every 4yrs or so. so no need for it

ppg? whats that?
Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  21:26:09  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh, If you are asking me I use PPG epoxy primer. It bonds with the metal to form a superior corrosion protection. It comes in three colors. I bought white because I was using yellow paint. It is pricey, but I wanted to do it as well as possible and learn so when I do my bigger Allis I already have experience with the product. I don't regret it. Make sure you get a spec sheet and follow the directions and it will look great. With my reducer the paint flowed best around 75-80 degrees. I also used a touch-up gun from Harbor Freight and I LOVED it. I am not a painter, but with the touch-up gun I felt confident. My neighbor from two doors down was a professional painter and when he came over he said it looked very good. I can't take much credit. I think it was the gun. Freddie, PPG is a paint company. They sell enamels and urethanes. I used MAE which is Modified Acrylic Enamel. Their MAE line is their economy brand many bodyshops use. It's about $30.00 a quart. I used 1 and 1/2 quarts to paint my B-110. I probably used more than necessary, but I loved painting it once I got the hang of it. Gerard

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)

Edited by - ASEguy on 08/19/2011 21:31:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic