Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 805 / Visits Today: 805
Highest Active Users: 805
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 will i finsh it
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  21:56:24  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

just have to use hardner. dry's in 4hrs

Or less, depending on humidity.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

RoyBoy

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  08:55:14  Show Profile  Visit RoyBoy's Homepage Send RoyBoy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

i use to use primer. but i repaint every 4yrs or so. so no need for it

ppg? whats that?

If you used a good primer, the paint should last over a decade, paint does not cover or adhere well to unprimed surfaces without loading it on and thats not good, evetually big thick chunks peel off. paint is like knit sweater, when the vehicle (oil, water, etc) evaporates the film locks together creating a bond, what it is bonding to is very important, good luck
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  10:21:37  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yea i know i should use primer. but from the factory they did not use any, and that piant is 40 years old. so whats wrong with that picture. the last couple i did repaint with enamal 3 years go and the piant starts to separate. like big cracks, even using clearcoat on it
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  10:28:27  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are you using to shoot your paint?

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  10:56:24  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use rattle cans and my paint has lasted at least three years with no failures in adherence. It is starting to fade but I can freshen it up with some Mother's machining compound.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  11:07:58  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
getting there. i dont mind tearing them apart and redoing them. it keeps me insane
and it saves on the bar bill$$$$$$$

Go to Top of Page

wlewis379

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  22:19:24  Show Profile Send wlewis379 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

getting there. i dont mind tearing them apart and redoing them. it keeps me insane
and it saves on the bar bill$$$$$$$

My grandaughter just walk by and look at what was showing on my screen and said BOY IS THAT YELLOW BRIGHT. Looks good Freddie.

Happy Trails Bill

Insert Image:

People who are all wrapped up in themselves are overdressed
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  13:05:48  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks bill. had to put a stripe on it, to much yellow.

heres the air cleaner.

Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  14:55:31  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking good freddie coming along a lot faster than my 64 ll

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  19:39:47  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
engine goes in on monday. and should be up and running that day. then some final dress up touches here and there.

thanks rob, whats taking you so long. just kidding.
i dont have much at the shop right now so its time for me to get some things done around here.

i will redo the seat for it this week. i have a new oem seat for it but i am saving that one for another b-10. this seat will be all black with arm rests.

oh then i have to do the wheels then she's done.
its a b-day present for my diughter that will be 15 on september 22. she has not a clue i'am even doing it for her. i keep it under a cover when she is around.
Go to Top of Page

ASEguy

319 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  06:22:21  Show Profile  Visit ASEguy's Homepage Send ASEguy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought my decals from maplehunter.com as a kit and they didn't come with the fuel tank sticker or the air cleaner sticker.

Gerard
1967 Allis B-110
1948 Allis model C
1949 Ford 8N (gift)
Gravely model L walk behind (gift)
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  08:08:14  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
call them up and let them know that. thats where i got mine from. i got all safty and sn# tags to for it.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  15:16:24  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

What are you using to shoot your paint?

i use this. DeVILBISS model JGA air spayer with cup.
i have a spray booth out back of the shop.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  19:07:58  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i could not resist a couple more stripes. what do you guys think. remember its a bee 10
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  21:24:34  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those stripes really set it off. Looks great, can't wait to see her all done!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic