Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 175 / Visits Today: 175
Highest Active Users: 175
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Struck Magnatrac Mini Dozer / Crawler 1975
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  19:03:22  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found a nice brouchure today.

Mack

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  21:48:14  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mack. Very interesting brochure. Didn't know they made so many attachments for the small crawler. Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  21:52:33  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems to be a very simple design.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  23:51:04  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the posting, real ineresting. One of those machines I've wanted to play with for years, hasn't happened yet.

Did anyone else notice the one pic of Larry loading one into a Ford fullsize van? Looks like a nice fit.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  07:00:38  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Did anyone else notice the one pic of Larry loading one into a Ford fullsize van? Looks like a nice fit.

LOL!

I had to sit down and read the whole brochure right after purchasing it. Very interesting. I like the sales point of it being considered a weekend project to put together. I would love to have a weekend project like that in my garage!

Mack
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  07:24:05  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd bet money a company today would get sued for advertising loading it like that on two boards and no head room. Thats a accident waiting to happen. ANd probably did!!!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  09:20:43  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that would be a really effective and fun tool. Would be interesting see one in action.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  10:11:58  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like the rear mounted grader with gauge wheels.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  11:55:56  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe it would be more fun than effective. I have a 9,400lb hi-lift IH T340 crawler and it can do a lot, but anything that small I just can't see having enough power & traction. For ultra light work I think it would get by ok. I figure if they were that great at working, they'd still be made today. That said, I would love to have one just to play with, and who knows, I could be a little off on it's capabilities...but not by much I don't think.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Edited by - olcowhand on 05/29/2011 11:56:28
Go to Top of Page

K1dan

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  17:57:15  Show Profile  Visit K1dan's Homepage Send K1dan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just think of the "stripes"
========================================
you could make on your lawn mowing with it.
Dan

Together we can do anything.. The impossible just takes longer!
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  18:23:39  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just think of the lawn you would tear up each time you spun a track.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  08:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went to Indiana last Thursday to pick up a Simplicity 725 with grader blade and spotted this up by the fellows garage. He wanted me to make him an offer on it. I declined saying I have too much stuff at the moment and did not need another "project" sitting in the garage.

Mack
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  09:14:45  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After seeing a pic of a real life one, I'd surely love to have one, but unless almost given to me, I'd have to pass as well.
Mack, is that a Magnatrac brand?

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Edited by - olcowhand on 06/19/2011 09:15:39
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  09:42:46  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The hydraulics look familar :) Definitely will be more resistant to getting stuck.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2011 :  10:23:12  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dan, I belive Struck is the brand. This would be considered the Mini Dozer.

Looks like he put it on ebay with a parts machine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHEEL-HORSE-JOHN-DEERE-CUB-CADET-Struk-Crawler-dozer-/260804192382?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb924287e

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/19/2011 12:11:41
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  07:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a similar Struck up here. This is his second time listing it this year.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/grd/2508100276.html

I also found one on my weekly Sunday morning drive a few miles from the house. I take backroads around here early in the morning on Sundays, just to drink coffee and look for goodies, and found a place with several old cases, and the rear end of a Struck dozer peeking out of a lean-to. Some day, I may stop. He has a bunch of other stuff too, but I can't quite tell what.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic