Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1653 / Visits Today: 1456
Highest Active Users: 1653
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 CL local find...what would you give?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  18:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is 5 minutes from the house, and I thought it was neat. Would be real cool to get running and ride around at shows....thats about it. What do you think one is worth? I will try for the picture in a bit...

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/grd/2436517948.html

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  20:03:00  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, looks kinda like a mini Allis "G". I wonder if that is a wisconsin motor on it?
I'd give 100 bucks for it. My 2 cents

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  20:28:47  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of looks like a skeleton. Buzzards ate the hide off of it.. :)

Yes, it does look like a "G" Allis-Chalmers. There was a company that built a "G" look-a-like in the late 70's. I can't remember the name but the brand we sold had a single 16hp Kohler on the back.

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  21:21:16  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did some research, and there is a small following for them. I'd like to get some history on them. They were very early riding GT's and seem very rare in complete.condition. There were attachments, but I wouldnt know one if it bit me.

They did use Wisconsin's from what I have found.

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  23:28:03  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If that was close, I'd be slightly giddy! Have to beg and borrow for cash but whoa! That is a rare one, I have a soft spot for the odd ones, that is one that definitely gets my attention. I have a great respect for those old Wisconsins, very heavy duty and tourquey!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  23:30:37  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Byron, would the tractor you are thinking of be the Hefty?

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  07:42:40  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might give him a call...it's been listed for a while now.

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  17:41:02  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

Byron, would the tractor you are thinking of be the Hefty?

I believe your right. In the back of my mind, I kept hearing "Huffy" so you must be correct.

Thank's.

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic