Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2906 / Visits Today: 1471
Highest Active Users: 2906
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 New To Me 917H
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  15:15:02  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris, I find it very to criticize work I don't have the ability to do. Actually the the conversion work looks very nice. I just don't like to see joints in shafts that far away from a bearing. It could be that he had no choice but to do it that way. As for the hood I know he said that he has some plans to fix it up when he has a little more time. I am anxious to see what he will come up with.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  15:57:29  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree completely with your thoughts on the length of the adapter. The shorter the better as far as I'm concerned. The other thing I "might" have done was to enlarge the four mounting holes on the flywheel. I believe this tractor was a hydro so he might be alright. On a standard transmission one might find those 6mm bolts a might stressed in some situations. I sure would like to take that thing for a test ride though.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic