Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 7132 / Visits Today: 924
Highest Active Users: 7132
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 A little "Lawn Hazard"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  06:51:56  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The highest point in Louisiana is Driscoll Mountain which is a Breathtaking 520 feet above sea level. As far as I know there is not a rock there larger that the gravel they hauled in for the road.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  17:01:18  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw John Wayne ride past this one about 100 times.

Ron.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  17:30:10  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

So if a rock 2 feet tall is a "hazard to aviation" what do you call them ?

Me tooo... I'd also like to read the reply to that question.. :)

Insert Image:

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  12:31:39  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the bigest rock i have seen is stone mt GORGIA. i think its the bigest granite rock in the world.
http://festivals.stonemountainpark.com/mini-section/?id=5&pid=53
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2010 :  12:33:41  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
forgot to say this, that lazer show is awssome. nothing like. not even pink floyd.
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  00:15:38  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

I saw John Wayne ride past this one about 100 times.

Ron.

The producers just liked the rock, hmmmmmmmm

Go to Top of Page

sleepy

195 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  08:34:46  Show Profile  Visit sleepy's Homepage Send sleepy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This "rock" is in monument valley arizona. The whole area was a favorite spot of the John Wayne's director, whose name escapes me. The area is really beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  11:35:09  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleepy

This "rock" is in monument valley arizona. The whole area was a favorite spot of the John Wayne's director, whose name escapes me. The area is really beautiful.

Probably John Ford

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2010 :  18:15:33  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleepy

Sorry fellows,I kind of put a scam on you.The rock is in Utah not AZ,John Wayne never rode around it,just a telephoto lens and the right angle looks good.It maybe 1/10the size of the AZ rock.

Ron

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2010 :  20:14:20  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

It's why New Hampshire is called "The Granite State"
Only 1" or so was sticking up.
Do you think the old Simplicity will ever break that chain?

Larry,
It's been 11 days since you posted these pics of the trebuchet rock. So, why dont you post the pics of the hole you have to mow over since then? Lets see it...
Man I want that rock!!!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  01:38:58  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Byron, I sent that rock to you this morning!!!

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  06:58:46  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I don't get a rock? not fair, lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic