Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 7243 / Visits Today: 1035
Highest Active Users: 7243
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 A little "Lawn Hazard"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  06:23:38  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's why New Hampshire is called "The Granite State"
Only 1" or so was sticking up.
Do you think the old Simplicity will ever break that chain?

Edited by - larry8200 on 07/18/2010 13:18:37

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  09:10:50  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SAVE THAT!!!! IT COULD BE WORTH BIG MONEY!!!!!
Its a trebuchet projectile from back when the Romans attacked New York.... Or was it when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor...

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  09:23:35  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a Dinosaur egg, or one of the pods from that show "Caccoon". Could be a meteorite, in which case you'd be a millionaire. Personally, I think it's one of General Lees Artillery rounds gone astray

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  09:40:23  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

SAVE THAT!!!! IT COULD BE WORTH BIG MONEY!!!!!
Its a trebuchet projectile from back when the Romans attacked New York.... Or was it when the Germans attacked Pearl Harbor...

Someone actually used the word "trebuchet" I'm not even sure how to pronounce that. Of course your picture shows trebuchet's, and not catapults.

Of course my favorite "Catapult" is the one Wile E Coyotey built in his unending hunt for the Roadrunner.

If I recall, the Romans projectile of choice for their Trebuchet's, was often a dead cow that had been rotting in the sun for a week. Nice gift to have come sailing in over your walls!

Edited by - larry8200 on 07/18/2010 10:19:53
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  09:53:56  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Lawn Hazard"? I thought you were talking about that chain you left laying in the grass.

Here in Louisiana that rock sticking up would be considered a "Hazard to aviation"

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/18/2010 10:01:38
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  10:20:47  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was only sticking up an inch when I started.

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  19:04:32  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

Looks like a Dinosaur egg, or one of the pods from that show "Caccoon". Could be a meteorite, in which case you'd be a millionaire. Personally, I think it's one of General Lees Artillery rounds gone astray

WHAT??????????? Please show me a picture of the thing General Lee would have used to launch a "Egg" that big....
Maybe he had a Mortar launcher. But then, maybe...
Larry, did you dig under the rock to see if they might have buried a keg of gun powder under it? That would launch it at something. Just light the fuse and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha HA HA!!!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  19:08:18  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How much $$$ would it take to buy it?
I would put it at the corner on my yard and paint it with these words......
Larry's Rock

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  19:30:00  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

How much $$$ would it take to buy it?
I would put it at the corner on my yard and paint it with these words......
Larry's Rock

I started a new stone wall with it, but if you want come and get it! And bring the Family.

Go to Top of Page

Richard L.

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  21:31:16  Show Profile  Visit Richard L.'s Homepage Send Richard L. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry, you've got way to much ambition. I've got 3 of those similar to that in my yard that I'm always avoiding when mowing. I'm not sure I'd take the same approach though. I'm thinking to just get it below grade I'll take a 20 lb. sledge to mine and call it a day with a bucket of dirt to smooth over them.
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  21:53:56  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

Larry, you've got way to much ambition. I've got 3 of those similar to that in my yard that I'm always avoiding when mowing. I'm not sure I'd take the same approach though. I'm thinking to just get it below grade I'll take a 20 lb. sledge to mine and call it a day with a bucket of dirt to smooth over them.

That "rock" has been tormenting me and my mowers for 19 years now. You bury it here in NH and the frost has a nasty habit of giving it back next year.

Look at the background in this pic: The farmers here 200 years ago didn't do it for fun...

Insert Image:

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  22:09:37  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You fellows sure get excited about a rock,you should come west sometime.

Ron.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2010 :  22:18:24  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

You fellows sure get excited about a rock,you should come west sometime.

Ron.

Your right! The largest one I have here is only the size of a bus.

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  21:46:18  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron,
Larry pulled his rock out with a chain and his tractor.
I see that in your pic, your rock is a bit larger. So, are we going to see a pic of your 620 pulling that rock???

Waiting......
Waiting......
Waiting......
Waiting...... :)
Never mind... I'll come and pull it...

Insert Image:

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2010 :  22:10:56  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No offense Ron, but you don't have to go out west to see big rocks.

These little rocks are in Northeastern Alabama.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2010 :  03:55:47  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So if a rock 2 feet tall is a "hazard to aviation" what do you call them ?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic