Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2432 / Visits Today: 1720
Highest Active Users: 2432
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 My 212 *Updated* Strobe Light Video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  10:46:37  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tractor looks great Adam! Love the paint!

I see you have the same Ag tires on the front as i used on my B-10, definitely gives em character.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  12:59:23  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, they are a lot better than the turf savers that i had on there
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  15:53:09  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Somebody tell me... I worked for my uncles Allis-Chalmers dealership from 77~84. Not once did I ever see a B-112 painted orange. Did they make them in orange? I only remember yellow...

Insert Image:

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  19:04:03  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine was yellow when I first got it...
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  19:50:22  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks great Adam.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  12:31:24  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I was able to get some work in last week stripping the 42" deck down at the bodyshop. Today I got some more work done. I took some pictures to document the process that I went through.

Here's a picture of the deck from the underside. I wire wheeled the complete underside first. Blew it off, and then wiped it down with M-600 degreaser.

The products that I used for the project. (Rust shield primer, trim coat, and chip guard).

Application of Rust Shield primer. It basically etches itself to the metal.

A coat of black trim coat to cover the rust primer, and then a coat of the chip guard. The chip guard is basically a spray can version of the undercoating on a car. A few light coats and your plenty covered. I will now be able to wipe the inside out with a cloth, and nothing should really stick to the underside, nor should be any rusting.

Made sure to properly mask off the outside prior to the trim coat and undercoating to prevent it from getting onto the outside.

The outside had been sanded last week also, and sprayed with the same rust shield primer. Today I sanded it down with 80 grit and then 220 on the DA sander.

Noel, my family's painter, then sprayed it was a coat of metal sealer. This seals the metal, and provides better adhesion for the primer.

We then put 1 light coat of primer, let it dry, and then added to additional layers of primer to help build it up. The deck was then moved to the paint booth to bake.

Just prior to being moved into the booth. Monday morning the deck will get a few coats of Omaha Orange (Navistar paint code NAV0311), a few more coats of clear, and pin striping and it will be ready to go on the tractor. The belt covers will get the same treatment.

I just wanted to document the process that I went through. Ideally, I would have removed the spindles, but those bolts were so worn that I was afraid that they would snap, and considering that this will likely never mow a lawn (show and pull only), I figure it wont matter much.

Let me know if you have any questions on the process or the products used.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  14:06:39  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Adam, it looks like you are making great progress.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  20:32:55  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, after 4 years, the tractor is finally done. I got the mower deck painted and back together, and then got it on the tractor.

The deck prior to getting re-done...

The deck after...

The tractor before...

Everything put together...

Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  20:38:09  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ive only got one word awesome

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  21:22:42  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send me your address and leave that parked outside for the night..... :)

Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!!!!! HA Ha!

Awesome job... Looks great!!!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  22:18:23  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

Send me your address and leave that parked outside for the night..... :)

Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!!!!! HA Ha!

Awesome job... Looks great!!!

All kidding aside, one down side of making them look that pretty is it makes them attractive targets for those who don't respect your right to own it. Be sure you keep it secured when you are not using.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/08/2010 22:19:17
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  23:19:07  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
VERY, VERY nice. I like it that we collect different tractors. some here like the older B series, some the old Allis tractors, other like the 700, 900 and their Simplicity counterparts, and some are into the later Powermax and Sunstar's

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  08:53:14  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very nice, good job. but its not complete yet.what part is that tractor missing?
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  09:11:56  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
?
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  09:23:51  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks awesome Adam! Love that orange!

Great job!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic