Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8710 / Visits Today: 3511
Highest Active Users: 8710
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 say goodbye to the Brute
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  22:40:26  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I put my G5200 on Craigslist last night. I received 6 e-mails before I left the house this morning to go pick up my G1800. This afternoon my first prospect came by to look. He was mainly interested in the engine and would have met my price but when we cranked the engine there was a dead miss at idle that smoothed out at about 1/2 throttle. We ran the engine for about 15 minutes and the miss persisted. He was concerned that it was a compression problem and passed on the deal. I was really bummed out by that time as I had just figured out shortly before his arrival that my G1800 was suffering from the same axle problem as the G5200 tractor I was trying to sell. Prospect one left just minutes before prospect 2 arrived. I was prepared to point out the miss along with the other obvious issues but was surprised to find that the engine started up fine and ran smooth as silk. Don't know what happened but apparently it just needed to run a bit as it has been mostly sitting for the past few months since I discovered the broken axle. I made the sale and drove the brute out to the street and onto my trailer for the last time. I hate to see it go as it was really a fast and fun tractor to drive (more so than my G1800)

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 09/16/2009 22:07:09

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  15:50:20  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good you made the sale. Bad on the new one missing. Did it clear up as well after running a bit?

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  22:10:44  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Good you made the sale. Bad on the new one missing. Did it clear up as well after running a bit?

Sorry Dan, I did not mean the new tractor was missing. I reworded my post to try and clear that up. It runs smooth through all RPM ranges, though I do think the idle is set too high. Hopefully the PO will turn up my manuals this weekend.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 09/16/2009 22:14:10
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  09:31:56  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, good then! My Bota 4200 idled way too slow when I got it. Sounds much better after I sped it up a tick.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic