Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1439 / Visits Today: 1439
Highest Active Users: 1439
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Oversized Suburban
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  15:49:37  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After swapping the 31x15.5x15 tires from Suburban to my Powermax I wanted a new setup for the Burb.

After mounting these other 15" wheels with lugs the tractor set with to much foward rack so I remounted front axle to level things out and extended wheelbase at the same time.

I'm now happy with the stance and it handles well. Just gotta build the fenders, 3PH and repaint.

Giddy up Go from the little state of Texas.

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  16:07:55  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That thing looks tough.
Ron

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  16:11:15  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What type of tractor is the burp? Looks like a Cub? Looks familar.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  18:00:34  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That has the stance of the old high crop farm tractors. Kinda reminds me of the Minneapolis Moline High Crop Models. Looks l;ike you have yourself a winner there.
Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2009 :  18:03:05  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sears Suburban by Roper.

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  15:24:35  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got around to welding in gaps in hood and smoothing out the outer surface for paint. Also added Chevete pulley to original to power an alternator and ford power steering pump for hydraulics.

Go to Top of Page

andrewk

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  23:14:47  Show Profile  Visit andrewk's Homepage  Send andrewk an AOL message Send andrewk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I vote for no fenders!! That thing looks real tough as-is. Looks like it's a good project for you- keep up the great work!!

Andrew

You know the nearer your destination, the more you're slip slidin' away...

--Andy
Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  23:21:22  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Andrew, I got around to painting the hood and rims and will post pic's after washing tractor.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  23:32:48  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sears would not recognize that tractor...very retro looking with the flat spoked rims. don't know what you plan on painting it but I think red rims on a dark green tractor would look very classic like something out of the 1920's.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  21:32:54  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's still a long ways from where I want to get it, but here's 3 pic's. The last shows the extended floorboards with a 2" lip at the rear to keep my feet from getting into the tires and it works well.

Phil, I had to try this odd gray I had.

Edited by - cleatusj on 07/14/2009 21:36:07
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  23:22:11  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must have been thinking "Oliver". The running boards dispelled some of my concerns about the open wheels. It is not pretty to be sucked under the wheels of your own tractor.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/14/2009 23:24:41
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  18:49:01  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does the long muffler cut down on the engine noise? I like your hydraulic setup.
Stan

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  19:09:26  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is no exhaust note to be heard above the Wisconsin AENL. By the way that is an Onan RV generator muffler.

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2009 :  21:03:29  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Electrified the original 3PH and built a 44" box blade from stock on hand. Soon as I acquire the rest of the hydraulic parts, the electric will be changed.

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  09:13:09  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the rippers welded up and some paint on box.

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  10:40:38  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's coming along really nice!

Michael
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic