Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8705 / Visits Today: 3506
Highest Active Users: 8705
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Mule by force
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  23:07:26  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She forced me out of the house the last two days and this is what happened.
Old china 4 wheeler, a Allis trans axle and a 5hp horizontal Briggs. I need to mount a seat, floorboard and throttle to test.
I plan to add a dump bed.

Giddy up Go from the little state of Texas.

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  00:43:05  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cute! Does it have a centrifical clutch?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  06:57:11  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Phil, 10 tooth #40 and 22 tooth sprocket.

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  17:31:24  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had to make a gearing change to get some speed. I added a jack shaft with rear drive being belt. Here are a couple pic's Reta got of me out playing.

I need to build the cab and fenders yet. Maybe something like this.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  20:30:06  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very ingenious

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  20:32:37  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man Cleatus! You work faster than I can think. That has come a long way in a short time and looks FUN! What kind of speed do you get now and what kind of pulling power do you have to climbing hills and hauling loads?
Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  20:42:02  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a little faster than the Powermax in high. In low it will push the front tires up a 75deg. wall until the back drags ground.

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  21:38:25  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cleatus, looks fun! Wish I had the welding skill and the time.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

jimmyj

Canada
1081 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  07:50:50  Show Profile  Visit jimmyj's Homepage Send jimmyj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, you have some serious fabrication skills. Good to see the pics. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  11:30:30  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cleatusj, would you tell me a little more about your Mule. You are using a centrifugal clutch and manual transmission ? What if you had a hydro transmission and vertical engine, say 12-20 hp are common. How would you configure the drive? I am thinking of using a vertical shaft engine to re power a lawn tractor, like the large frame simplicities, there is some room between the engine and drive shaft. You did a great job on the mule.
Stan

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  19:33:26  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stan,I would think you would need a right angle gear drive to mate vertical to horizontal shafts with carrier bearings.

Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  20:13:27  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice toy Cletus.

You obviously have too much time on your hands.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  17:22:34  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"I would think you would need a right angle gear drive to mate vertical to horizontal shafts with carrier bearings."

Thanks for the reply Cletus, anyway you look at it replacing vertical for horizontal in a factory built tractor is a problem. Building a whole mower may be easier than a conversion. One thing you had going for yourself with that mule is room.
Stan

Go to Top of Page

cleatusj

134 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:14:02  Show Profile  Visit cleatusj's Homepage Send cleatusj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a few hours to myself and cut up some 1/8" aluminum and redrilled some Chevett 13" wheels. Here's the results.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:49:56  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, the wheels got to be happy.... anything has to be more reliable than a Chevette!

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

haykarenhardy

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  17:13:51  Show Profile  Visit haykarenhardy's Homepage Send haykarenhardy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now you need to make your dump bed.
Stan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic