Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4822 / Visits Today: 4019
Highest Active Users: 4822
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Massey Ferguson 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  13:40:21  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bought 2 MF 7's for $126.00. 1st one runs and 2nd one doesn't but it came with a plow. Both have decks. Going to pick them up tomorrow unless we get the snow they are calling for. I will post more pics when I get them home. Looks like I have more projects then time. Oh well.

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  14:54:20  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great price. Usually they have the engine swapped out, but that one is definitely original. Keep us updated.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  22:02:26  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The tractor in the bottum pic has a pull start Briggs 8hp. That one may end up a parts tractor since they cut the hood and grill are to fit it.
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  19:21:16  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the sheet metal off and took it to work to do body work and repaint. Since I work at a bodyshop I can just work on it as I have spare time. So far pretty straight forward. A couple cracks welded up and a little bit of rust pitting. Any idea where to get the decals for this? I took pics of what was left of the originals, and I do have a spare set of body parts to measure sizes.
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  19:48:51  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could make the hood & grill decals, but would be overlain type. Tony Gilletto makes decals for most MF models and his are excellent. Printed type & thin mylar. If you wish to contact him his email is lawngardendecals@yahoo.com
I can't do small text with my cutter and Tony has all the decals for the entire tractor/mower including warning & instructional.

Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  19:55:44  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I just emailed you about the decals. I will see if Tony can help also. I am not looking for a total resto, but at least the main ones since most people looking at this probably never saw th esmall Massey's anyway.
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  19:06:17  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been working on the Massey for a while. Got the chassis painted and some of the little parts. Painted all the red last night.

Started putting some together today.

Also cleaned the points on the engine and it fired right up on the bench.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyj

Canada
1081 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  08:31:54  Show Profile  Visit jimmyj's Homepage Send jimmyj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, great deal! I wish I had the talent you do for body work. Great looking progress. Can't wait to see when you are done.
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  20:51:51  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got a little more done tonight. Had an extra set of 20-10-8 tires. Put them on and now it doesn't look quite as small of tractor. Still have to get the fronts. Anybody know how the plow hooks up? I might have all the parts, but not sure.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  21:07:54  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
VERY nice work! Hardly anyone blacks out the grill screen, but it sure is worth the effort. Great to see the correct colors. So many just paint them a dull gray and whatever red they can find. Gonna look grand when finished.
Not sure how plow hooks to this model. The 10, 12's, 14's, and 16's plow goes all the way to rear hitch & pins there, then have a guide bolted to front end to keep blade centered.

Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  21:13:20  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I goofed up on the silver. I did not realize that the grille was a lighter silver then the rest until after I painted. Oh well, not to many will know the difference.
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  09:28:09  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually the "silver mist" for the grill is what you've used. Just the chassis is supposed to be "flint metallic gray", but I wasn't going to say anything.
Here's my 67 MF12H...you can see the darker chassis.

Edited by - olcowhand on 12/31/2008 09:29:26
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  22:24:59  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got the front tires on. Wired up everything. Engine cranks over. Need to get some new cables and knobs still. Going to try and make a new seat for the original pan.

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  07:30:09  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking good!

Michael
Go to Top of Page

kma4444

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  15:34:09  Show Profile  Visit kma4444's Homepage Send kma4444 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sprite or Midget in the background?

Kevin

Http://mallenalley.com
Go to Top of Page

2nstoys

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  22:46:28  Show Profile  Visit 2nstoys's Homepage Send 2nstoys a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1965 Austin Healey Sprite Mark III. Been slowly working on that the last year or so. That is until I bought property just outside of town and built my new pole barn/workshop. Now that I moved it to the workshop I may start working on it a little between tractors.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic