Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4 / Visits Today: 4
Highest Active Users: 4
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Ford LGT 165 w/FEL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lilredb1

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  03:01:55  Show Profile  Visit lilredb1's Homepage Send lilredb1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked this up recently for $900 (a little too much now that I have tinkered with it)....Previous owner called it "ol' smokey" for a reason!

Good thing it came with a complete spare motor (13hp though). Also included: rear tiller, rear weight box, rear wheel weights, tire chains, spare front axle, front wheels/tires, steering column/box, and a collection of carbs and other small parts.

Not sure of year yet (early-mid 70's?), 16hp Kohler, elect start, hydro trans w/hi & lo, electric rear pto, hydraulic lift, mule drive to run a mower deck, ....and of course a front end loader. (I painted over the factory sticker for the loader, and I cannot remember the brand now....)

Not a big fan of "Blue", but the loader is what sold me on it. And because I'm not a fan of the color blue either, a repaint was in order. (needed it anyway).

The hood and grill haven't been painted yet because last owner liked to nose up to stuff and broke the grill, so I have to fab up some channel in behind to mount and support the front end. What a bear this thing is to line up panels and such, quite poor factory fitment "ideas" if you ask me!

Here's how it's coming along so far....

I added the hot rod LED tailights and chrome eyebrows...and didn't have to alter anything.

it's a simple fetish....

4xbill

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  07:23:36  Show Profile Send 4xbill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice. I don't think 900 was such a bad deal with the FEL and all the attachments/extra parts. You could probably adapt the FEL to a Simplicity/AC

Howell, NJ
Go to Top of Page

lilredb1

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  16:51:21  Show Profile  Visit lilredb1's Homepage Send lilredb1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I did too bad with price, but lots of small items need attention (some of which I should have addressed before painting), and looks like the 13hp spare motor is gonna have to be dropped in (was told it was a good runner)......running the tractor around is killing all the insect life in the neighborhood! LOL

More pics to come soon....

it's a simple fetish....

Edited by - lilredb1 on 10/31/2008 16:52:05
Go to Top of Page

IronPony

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  07:39:45  Show Profile  Visit IronPony's Homepage Send IronPony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did that pink attachment come with the tractor?
Dan aka IronPony

The days that make us happy make us wise.
Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  11:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thumbs up on the loader.

Thumbs down on the LGT-165. Had a LGT-125 that was a total POS. Finally got rid of it by parting it out. Still have the Kohler K301-AS engine minus the oil pan which was welded to the frame. The Ford was a terror to work on. Will never figure out why Ford engineers thought it was good idea to tie the upper grill to a shaking engine head.

Hope you have better luck with your Ford than I did with mine.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

lilredb1

Canada
22 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  00:04:12  Show Profile  Visit lilredb1's Homepage Send lilredb1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had lots of luck with it! And yes, it is kind of a bear to work on AND operate, but the loader was what made the whole package bareable.

.....sold it as is in the above pics......doubled my $$$, and kept the spare 12hp Kohler it came with. (it's for sale now too, unless I can hack it into a yellow tractor)

New owner was a wannabe "purist" and didn't like my yellow repaint. So he repainted tub and body again in the WRONG blue and left the frame/motor/trans black....????

I think he just played the "purist" card to beat down my price!

So ends this thread......

it's a simple fetish....
Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  11:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on turning a POS into profitable dollars.

I'm convinced that FORD lovers are gluttons for punishment.

Carry on,

Roy
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  21:26:27  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought you were going to keep it for mosquito abatement.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic