Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1135 / Visits Today: 1135
Highest Active Users: 1135
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 42" deck differences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon314

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2015 :  23:31:20  Show Profile Send Jon314 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a pair of '64 Landlords, both with the 42" deck. Today I cleaned up the decks and had the cover off the spindle drive belt. One deck has a spring tensioning setup to keep the belt tight, the other deck has no adjustment in the idler. Was this a factory upgrade? My operator book (deck 285) shows the no adjustment idler. So I have no part number for the pivot mechanism nor the spring. Sure makes sense to have it kept taut with a spring.
Thanks for the help

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  02:21:41  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Product evolution. Mfg. Number 990544 would be a typical 42" deck with the tensioner.

John U
Go to Top of Page

Jon314

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  21:58:18  Show Profile Send Jon314 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be copying the tensioner from one and adding it to the other. Makes a lot of sense, because you can't just look to see the belt condition, it likely would never get adjusted.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  22:43:22  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the spring idler was a great improvement along with the spring lever on the PTO tensioner.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic