Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 497 / Visits Today: 497
Highest Active Users: 497
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 More stuff hauled home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2015 :  21:59:21  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I attended an auction Saturday of a long closed Allis Chalmers and Simplicity dealer in Golden Illinois. The place had been picked over pretty good over the years but I did find a few pieces to take home.

There was not a whole lot a jewels to be picked, mostly parts machines. I was a little lower on tractor funds than I wanted to be going into this but once I got there I realized it was for the best. I did get some parts for some projects so I was happy, those parts don't grow on trees. I also got a good pile of manuals and a FDT front counterweight in yellow.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2015 :  07:33:26  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you were able to make it Rich! Always nice to save some parts. I was hoping to hear of some long lost, unicorn of an attachment to be there, but you are less-poor because of that, I suppose. =]

Looks like a walker reel mower in the truck? Always thought those were neat. Couldn't fit that Powermax in the truck?

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  21:21:46  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up the reel mower for a walker collecting friend, a nice complete unit for only $2.50! The P-max was a decent deal if one was looking, I think somewhere around $800 with the mower deck which had new spindles. It did have rear pto and three point but functionality was a big question mark.

I did get some unloaded tonight, I was impressed that the Ariens commercial type push mower I bought for $2.50 runs like a top! I just bought it for the caster wheels on the front.

And yes, I was having visions of a NOS 48"hd tiller, a planetary sickle mower, or some such item coming home with me but maybe another day! I think the front counterweight I bought was about the only NOS L&G there.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  10:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very cool, still!

Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2015 :  20:08:09  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looks like your all loaded for the fathers day show in Amana. or the swap meet in Mt Pleasant. i will have a trailer load for this years tractor show that will be for sale.

spark up your life with a E3 plug..

,, , ,,,

b1, earlys, big, b12, b110's, 712, 7010, 1316h, homelite T15 and T16, two 410's, over all 20+ of them
Go to Top of Page

7010b1

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2015 :  20:10:31  Show Profile Send 7010b1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dose that 7000 series hood have the bug eye light pods on it?

spark up your life with a E3 plug..

,, , ,,,

b1, earlys, big, b12, b110's, 712, 7010, 1316h, homelite T15 and T16, two 410's, over all 20+ of them
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  22:11:22  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will be taking some of the manuals from there to Mt. Pleasant, but not parts. I'll be taking some other brands though. The hood has no lights, but I do have a pair of pods.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic