Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1575 / Visits Today: 772
Highest Active Users: 1575
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 DA 1916 Decals finished.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  10:38:27  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think i need counseling, i cant quit dragging these home.
This popped up on the St Louis craigslist last night and i am now getting ready for the 8.5 hour drive home.
Its a 1920H w/ ps. It has a 48" deck, snow blower and front blade. It only has 402 hours on it and the seller had it listed for 1200.00. I offered 1000.00 and he accepted so i arrived here is St Louis at 4am. Just got it loaded.

I cant wait to play with this one.

Edited by - split51 on 10/10/2013 15:39:14

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  10:54:39  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations. Those are well built, heavy weight tractors.
If that's a half ton pickup it must really be squatting.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  10:55:47  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHAT A DEAL. Wish I had your problem.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  11:08:27  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chris. It is a duramax 3/4 ton and i can tell it is back there. It is heavy. I couldnt believe how heavy the front blade and snow blower was.

Phil, i am so ready to get the new shop built so I can store these addictions easier. I am goi g to put the 1920 as my main yard tractor to save wear on the Bs

I just came across the big creek into MO and pulled over to check the load.

Go to Top of Page

jimmyj

Canada
1081 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  05:44:02  Show Profile  Visit jimmyj's Homepage Send jimmyj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, tractor, deck, blade and mower all in good shape for 1k!!! Deal. Lucky man!
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  05:48:31  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You fit right in here! Congrats on your find.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  20:58:57  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeff; were you born lucky or is it an acquired trait? Very nice find at a great price....Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  23:07:37  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL Dave. Well, I got the starter fixed. Simple, the bendix need some lube. I mowed with it tonight and WOW!, I really like the power steering and this thing seems very stable on my steep hill sides. I have to ride over the fender to mow hillsides on the B112 w ag tires to keep traction and this thing just walks across it without even locking the diff. I guess the front end design helps keep pressure more even on the rear.
I am going to install ags on the rear to help with the climbing. Are the rear rims the same as the earlier rims, just turned around backwards? If so, I am going to flip them out if possible to widen the track. Although it walks my hillsides ok, this thing sits alot higher than the Bs and it fells erie riding the hillsides as opposed to the Bs having a lower center of gravity

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  06:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great buy! I like the 48" over the 60, unless you have sprawling acres of flat land.

Power steering is one of those things that becomes difficult to live without, once you have it. I'm going to have to add it to the 7790, since gaining it on a Sovereign. The height thing is a wierd feeling. My B's will go places other machine just won't.

Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  19:54:25  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I mounted the ags and reversed to wheels. It is very stable feeling on the hillsides now. It sure looks funny from the rear as wide as it looks.
This weekend, i am going to start loading the decals in the computer so I can cut and install them after i remove the old decals and buff the hood

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  07:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice! She is a fat-bottom girl, isn't she?

I didn't know you were a decal man...Hmmmm.... =]

Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  21:13:57  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found a 1916 parts tractor locally today for 100.00. Look at the nice little bonus on the rear.

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  23:25:36  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As if the first wasn't a good enough deal!! For one bill I'd be still dancing on that deal. You have done something right in your life, carry on!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  13:36:23  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...don't tell me it has a PTO also? How are the AG's? What a freakin steal!

Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  16:35:38  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talnted. I couldnt believe the PO sold it that cheap.
No PTO. The AG's are ok, they have a few cracks from sitting flat and will need tubes. They wont hold air now.
After messing with it, I think it will probably run. I spun it over and it has a very weak spark so I am going to put an ignition module on it. It seems to have good compression and no odd noises while cranking so I am going to spend the 60.00 or so on a new module to try it out.

The tractor is showing 1100 hours so I may get lucky and have a good seller, minus a few small pieces. My 1920 needed the air duct that mounts over the battery, 1 front plastic wheel cover, 1 rear reflector, parking brake knob and the 3 pt. If it runs, I will change the front and rear tires for some tires from an old box store tractor I have laying around and sell it.
Go to Top of Page

split51

USA
454 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  17:15:25  Show Profile Send split51 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found out the 1916 parts tractor i bought had a new short block put in it about 250 hours ago. I put a new ignition module in it and got it running and it sounds great. The throttle shaft has some play in it. I have a new kohler carb but am undicided wheather I will install it or not. Do they offer a brass bushing to take up the play in the carbs?
I am starting to put it back together now.
I painted the rims metallic silver because i couldnt find any of the grey pearl close.
I removed the old decals and buffed the tractor today. Still waiting on the black/blue vinyl to remake the decals. It should be here thursday. I am going to ad the brushed silver stripe that the 1918s and 1920s have. I think they just look better with the extra stripe.
I am working with Becky at sandy lake getting the remaining parts i need to finish it.

If all goes well, i should have less then 400.00 in the 1916 when it is finished.

Edited by - split51 on 10/07/2013 18:13:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic