Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1585 / Visits Today: 1585
Highest Active Users: 1585
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Getting Ready....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  13:44:00  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Used my Sovereign to pull my dad's water wagon over to the show grounds, fill it up and put it where they use it. Did some calculations and it holds over 400 gallons, and while not filled to the rim I think with the weight of itself and the water 4,500lbs is a good estimate. Started losing traction on a muddy uphill portion but it did a fine job. Took 25 minutes to fill it, during which my boy made himself comfortable.

Jon

SimplicitySwede

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  17:34:37  Show Profile  Visit SimplicitySwede's Homepage Send SimplicitySwede a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its amazing how much somethings will pull when its on wheels.
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2013 :  18:34:09  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can pull an extraordinary amount of weight with a small machine....stopping it is a different matter all together! :-)

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Richard

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2013 :  06:51:36  Show Profile  Visit Richard's Homepage Send Richard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

You can pull an extraordinary amount of weight with a small machine....stopping it is a different matter all together! :-)

That's what I keep thinking when I consider pulling a parade float with mine. I'm guessing I'll never try it unless there are brakes on the float.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic