Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1901 / Visits Today: 78
Highest Active Users: 1901
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 I am really tempted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  23:01:17  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To buy this old plow. http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/grd/3705916021.html

We used to have one of those that we pulled behind our B1 using a cable. Since the drawbar on the tractor was much lower than a single tree my job was to walk along between the tractor and the plow, with my right foot in the furrow and the other one on the land to hold up on the cable, keeping the plow from cutting too deep. Oh, those are "fond" memories. Luckily my dad finally sprung for a new 10" drawbar mounted plow . I think still walk with a slight stoop.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 03/29/2013 23:05:42

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  09:57:22  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a "Princess" plow. I have one myself sans the wooden handles. I plan to paint mine up & place in Teresa's flower garden. Mine is also missing the share, but I can mock one up easy enough. Here is a sales card. They were made in many sizes/forms, but mine looks just like the little one you pictured.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

lilypad

USA
638 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2013 :  23:38:18  Show Profile  Visit lilypad's Homepage Send lilypad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I remember chasing one of those behind our old AC with the hand crank start. I also spent some time chasing a fresno scraper.

The one we had is like the one on the top of the add. Worked pretty good but was hard on the back since the handles were low to the ground.

RLM

Edited by - lilypad on 05/26/2013 23:39:00
Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  07:12:25  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still have a scraper in the yard,just for decor.

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  08:53:12  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we had two of those when I was a kid. One was half buried in a large oak. the larger of the two was 12-15 cf and we figured that they had been used some time after WWI to scoop out our pond, build the earthen dams and mine the mud/soil to build the large pitch covered, mud shack my dad used as a shop. We also used it to store food in drums buried in the earthen floors during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  23:24:00  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

I still have a scraper in the yard,just for decor.

Me too, one steel one like pictured above, and a cast one that is way too heavy to be practical! I'm guessing that's why I've never seen another.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  05:28:51  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what's the description of the lady going in the man's pocket? Is it something about the value of having an authentic identification card for the plow?

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic