Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3621 / Visits Today: 125
Highest Active Users: 3621
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Gravely Westchester
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  08:26:15  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen Gravelys. But not like this.

Here is a line from the listing.
"Hello! up for sale is a Gravely Westchester. This tractor will be a hit at a Gravely or Studebaker show (made during the Studebaker ownership years)"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gravely-Westchester-lawn-and-garden-tractor-/290682041545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43adfff4c9

Mack

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  10:16:50  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one rare beast! Never seen one in person. Front end is basically the walk-behind without the handles so those attachments can be used, not sure how it lifts them though. Would be cool to play with.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  22:46:16  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is weird..ive owned a few gravely walk-behinds and i can only imagine that if they use the same rigid mounted attachments then that machine would need to articulate in the middle in an up/down manner to raise and lower them
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  08:44:06  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah those are weird and have a Rube Goldberg steering mechanism. Did you buy it or just commenting about it.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/12/2012 08:47:18
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  13:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very interesting!

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  14:33:24  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may be rare, but sure is (I am sorry)...ugly! But then I have some not so pretty tractors myself! LOL

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  20:02:52  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always thought that they were an attempt by Gravely to get into the four wheel tractor business on the cheap. I understand that they are rare but I also can see why.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2012 :  21:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's more 'body' on that machine than any I own. Lots of stamping and finish work went into such a little critter. I bet the cost didn't justify the sales margin on that one. It's ugly, but neat!

Go to Top of Page

gotthebug

88 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  09:21:08  Show Profile  Visit gotthebug's Homepage Send gotthebug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen them before at portland fall show,rare to find one in that good of shape,I think it's fiberglass.

Mike

Edited by - gotthebug on 05/13/2012 09:22:56
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  10:06:21  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a video. About like driving a forklift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJmK_sTAcs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic