Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 21155 / Visits Today: 426
Highest Active Users: 21155
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Opinions wanted! Speedex 1622
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  09:13:07  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious what your thoughts are on the tractor in this ad...I may give the guy a call today to feel him out and see if he'll send pics. I don't run across Speedex out here very often, so finding attachments might be a challenge. It would have to be a worker to justify taking up space. I think it's charming, and has hydrolift and foot-controlled hydrostat. I've heard these use a peerless...no clue on if that's good or bad. Fromteh sounds of it, it's an early '80's model, but the styling looks early 70's to me =]

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/2631583104.html

What would be a reasonable offer? I will be where it's listed on Saturday, for a family gathering.

Thanks!
Josh

http://www.speedextractorinformation.com/1622.html

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  21:15:48  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hate those kinda of ads on CL! Make me an offer. So you call and Make him an offer of $25 and he is delighted or insulted. He knows what he needs to get but wants you to guess. I saw one ad for a vintage tandem Schwinn bicycle, and he literally said " Make me an offer. You know what these are worth so don't bother me with a low ball." As for the tractor call him and see what he needs to get.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 10/04/2011 21:17:09
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  21:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I emailed him from work, and he won't say a word. I'll have to call tomorrow. FUnny thing is, I recognized his email, and looked back in my AOL account, searching on his name. I've reached out on 4 different tractors from this guy over the last 12-13 months. =/

Each time, he was over-priced, in my opinion. The last was a B207, if I recall correctly. He had another, much older, Speedex as well. Since this is a later model, has foot hydrostat and hydro lift, I'm guessing this is pricey too...probably not worth my time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic