Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 109 / Visits Today: 109
Highest Active Users: 109
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 More Landlord Pictures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  02:29:07  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to try Rustoleums "Rust Reformer" on the pitted metal. I'll let you know how it works in 5 years. :)

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  08:16:36  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Rust Reformer"??? What's That?

I can't get past the wood chisel and the claw hammer...

Mechanic????

Wood chisel??? Claw hammer???

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  09:03:11  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ByronC

"Rust Reformer"??? What's That?

I can't get past the wood chisel and the claw hammer...

Mechanic????

Wood chisel??? Claw hammer???

Wwll, Rustoleums rust reformer is just that. A chisel is excellent for getting scaly rust in corners. And a hammere is a hammer, you use it in the expected manner.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  15:58:11  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rust reformer converts tight rust to a corrosion resistant coating by replacing the oxygen in Rust (ferous-oxide and feric-oxide) with an amine group. I have sprayed rust with it and left it out to weather without any additional corrosion. Great stuff.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic