Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5458 / Visits Today: 5458
Highest Active Users: 5458
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 A Pair of Weed Cutters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  10:00:30  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had to set this up this morning. Got both weedcutters on and mounted to respective tractors. I think they make a great pair!

Jon

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  11:07:54  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heck yeah! Lookin good there Jon =]

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  12:00:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had never even heard of a weed cutter before coming to this site. I am truly surprised that those things were still around by the time the RBT's with all their safety switches and other Naderizing were built.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  13:40:09  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the Simplicity guys snuck some parts out of the warehouse after making them fit newer machines...you'd be suprised by the stuff som GM guys I know have in their pole barns =]

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  16:09:23  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What? Pot? I know the last GM car I owned had a long list of problems, vacuum leaks, bad paint, doors what would not open. Trunk that did not stay closed and an engine that had to have the timing chain changed every 20,000 miles. Had a rattle in the drivers door and and it turned out to be an Ole Milwaukee beer can. .

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/28/2011 16:12:18
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2011 :  17:36:11  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Had a rattle in the drivers door and and it turned out to be an Ole Milwaukee beer can. .

LOL! I remember reading an article about the restoration of a Plymouth 'Cuda from the early seventies. It was low mileage never touched, they found a lot of trash under the carpet! Some line workers were/are lazy I guess.

As for Jon's weedcutters, another couple pics to be jealous of.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  15:59:19  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a rule on this site. You cannot own more than one (1) Weedcutter. If you have two (2), you must sell one to Byron.

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  16:52:22  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

What? Pot? I know the last GM car I owned had a long list of problems, vacuum leaks, bad paint, doors what would not open. Trunk that did not stay closed and an engine that had to have the timing chain changed every 20,000 miles. Had a rattle in the drivers door and and it turned out to be an Ole Milwaukee beer can. .

=] Everyone has their stories when it comes to the automakers, I suppose. These guys just grow their pot out back...it's the engine parts and custom crap they build on their union breaks that impresses me.

You know Jon, if I brough mine over, we'd have nearly ahlf of the Weedcutter ever made, in one spot!

Now if we could meet up with larry too, we'd have the market cornered for sure.

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2011 :  19:21:39  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am very grateful to Larry, he is helping me out bigtime on a front pto. I was fine with selling the newly acquired weedcutter, until I saw it would fit on my 7016! Now I'm torn. I certainly didn't need two of the same, but with one fitting the fdt and the other the rbt, I know whichever one I got rid of I would need back someday!! :) We should line them up and rip through a field, 4 or 5 would sure look menacing!!

Jon
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  16:10:41  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 1014211

I am very grateful to Larry, he is helping me out bigtime on a front pto. I was fine with selling the newly acquired weedcutter, until I saw it would fit on my 7016! Now I'm torn. I certainly didn't need two of the same, but with one fitting the fdt and the other the rbt, I know whichever one I got rid of I would need back someday!! :) We should line them up and rip through a field, 4 or 5 would sure look menacing!!

That is a great idea. It would look like a row of Combines eating a wheat field!!! And, maybe send a pic to Simplicity. They might start a vintage section on there web site.. :)

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  20:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldnt a vintage section be neat? They have to know of the following...you'd think it would be a testament to their machines.

Jon, if you keep one, keep the fdt version...it WILL work on both. =]

Go to Top of Page

snohiker

USA
521 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  21:50:33  Show Profile  Visit snohiker's Homepage Send snohiker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
count me in on the photo op lol might take awhile to get there lol

Rob
]

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1603 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  17:03:32  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry, Rob, and Jon makes 4 weedcutters.

Does anyone else own one?

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  17:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im in for at least one!

Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  07:34:34  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe Michael has one, too. But maybe not in working order, as I recall he keeps saying he needs to get it working. Does anyone else have their serial number? My first one had the sticker, my new one does not. I always thought it would be kind of fun to have a database of attachments we all have. It would be cool to have a vintage section on Simplicity's website also.
Josh, I think it would be cool to paint one in Allis yellow for your your recent restoration!!

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  07:42:32  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thought about Monkey Wards Gold too....

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic