Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 20041 / Visits Today: 19844
Highest Active Users: 20041
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Gibson D...nice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  07:59:45  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This will be up at my local auction next week. I'll watch, out of curiousity...thought it was pretty cool. Not necessarily a garden tractor, but sharp. I know nothing about them...it would be neat to take to shows.

http://www.repocast.com/details.cfm?ID=607027

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  08:54:03  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But they are a garden tractor!This is my 48 D.

Ron

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!'

Edited by - oldron on 08/26/2011 08:54:51
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  09:05:45  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen one in person, so I had no idea. I figured they may be close, based on the engine. Do they wear Wisconsin's? Curious how much horsepower. What would one be worth, redone and running?

That's a sharp machine Ron! Looks like you work the old girl too!

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  23:30:08  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are Wisconsin's,most had a 6.5hp and a few had 9.2hp,that is what mine is.The dirt on the blade is from her last project about three years ago,only parade duty now.I have had her for 35yrs and have done a lot of work with her.Came with a blade,two way plow and a cycle bar mower.I have seen them from $1500.00 to $ 5800.00 running and in good shape.I think the $5800.00 was dreaming.
Mine is not for sail,the wife will have to sell it when I croak.

Ron

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  23:32:27  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh; Gibson started with a Model A. Same as the D's but 16in. rear wheels. The Gibson D's came with a Wisconsin AEH at 6HP. Later model D's had a hood and Super D's had a hood and steering wheel. Super D 2's had a Wisconsin in line two cylinder. I have two D's. Neither one in running condition at the present time. If a tractor was made with your name on it you have to own at least one!!! Ron, is your engine an AHH and do you have a manual for it? If not I can give you a link where you can get one in PDF format. Dave.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Edited by - B10Dave on 08/26/2011 23:58:37
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  09:16:29  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron, shes nice! That 2 way plow is super slick!

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  09:48:06  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Josh; Gibson started with a Model A. Same as the D's but 16in. rear wheels. The Gibson D's came with a Wisconsin AEH at 6HP. Later model D's had a hood and Super D's had a hood and steering wheel. Super D 2's had a Wisconsin in line two cylinder. I have two D's. Neither one in running condition at the present time. If a tractor was made with your name on it you have to own at least one!!! Ron, is your engine an AHH and do you have a manual for it? If not I can give you a link where you can get one in PDF format. Dave.

Yes it is a AHH and I would love to have the manual for it.Thanks
Ron

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  12:02:05  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Gibson Ron! Those two way plows would be handy occasionally. I bet it's a rare attachment, seen few for farm tractors.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  08:33:46  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a couple thumbnails

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  09:26:11  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's slick Ron. What other treasures are you hiding out there in the woods?

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  11:25:23  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

That's slick Ron. What other treasures are you hiding out there in the woods?

You mean other than my articulated MF,narrow front wheel JD and the Bolens Ridemaster,not much.
Ron

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  16:05:59  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  20:45:18  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, those can be shared here!

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  22:21:43  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron. Sent you a PM on the manual. Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

oldron

USA
2732 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2011 :  22:54:30  Show Profile Send oldron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are all just projects right now.I seem to have to have 5 or 6 at a time.Here is the Ridemaster.I will try to get pics of the other two.

Ron

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2011 :  11:26:34  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is one interesting looking piece of equipment!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic