Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2652 / Visits Today: 2455
Highest Active Users: 2652
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 I own a Bolens again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  13:51:09  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the past I have owned a few Bolens walk-behinds, one tube frame, and a QT-17 rider. All have went on to other homes, but this one might stay, maybe, I dunno! Friday at the auction I bought my spring tooth at I bought a small pile of stuff in the first row which included a shield that I recognized as being for the Bolens tiller attachment two rows over. I hoped to reunite them in some way, paid $2. Couple hours later they came to the tiller, bought it with one bid, paid $5!

Then yesterday, they sold the riders in the first row of items to be sold. Prices were I thought mostly strong considering many didn't run. Came to the first of two Bolens riders, the one I figured the tiller belonged to, I made two bids and owned it and the mower deck, paid, $40!

Went home shortly after because I was tired of getting rained on. Went to lunch with the war dept. at the winery up the road, and after the rain finally stopped I unloaded it. I opened the hood for the first time in front of my garage, didn't look at it much there, didn't expect to buy it. I cleaned out the carb and filed the points, hooked up jumper cables and fired it up! Runs pretty sweet. Engine is a 10hp Wisconsin. Only part I can see missing is the air cleaner, don't think it's been gone long, I'm afraid someone helped themselves to it while it was sitting on the lot awaiting the sale. Otherwise, I think it looks good for $47!

I forgot to take a pic before I removed the wheel weights, yes, they came with it too!

Those weights were worth the purchase price IMO. I'll have to buy a battery for it before I can use it, it has a coil ignition so won't run without a good battery. Another reason I love my old Briggs! Both the tiller and deck seem to be in excellent condition, and HEAVY!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  15:35:43  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'd say you did very well. Some of those old Bolens tractors great machines. Couldn't really fault the
two I've had. Like you said, sell the weights and everything else was free.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

BRAD1975

Canada
1562 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2011 :  20:09:32  Show Profile  Visit BRAD1975's Homepage Send BRAD1975 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sweet deal man...those are my favorite tractors
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2011 :  22:06:34  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only thing better than a cheap tractor is a free one!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic