Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 19689 / Visits Today: 19492
Highest Active Users: 19689
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Cub Cadet 2072 Owners?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  11:23:16  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A buddy of mine recently acquired one of these and has asked me to help him (that is how bad he is hurting!). I am going off his decription of the problem so bear with me, I may go look at it tonight. He says the driveshaft from the motor goes into the pump for the hydrostat, and it is leaking horribly. He went through 2 quarts of hyd. fluid to mow his yard. Is replacing that seal a pain? Is that going to basically be a pump rebuild? If it is fairly easy to get to I would try and help him, but if you have to take apart the bowels of the tractor to get to it that would probably be beyond our scope, especially since he needs it back up and running to mow. Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

Jon

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  11:37:07  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, from this pic it looks like the shaft goes into the pump directly. I'm not sure I'm up to rebuilding that puppy!!

Jon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic