Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 11423 / Visits Today: 9913
Highest Active Users: 11423
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Adding to the attachment collection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  11:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I picked up some more goodies today, and made a new friend in the process. A tip led me to an old timer, about an hour from home who is beginning to consider selling some of his garden tractor stuff. So, I packed myself and some coffee in the wife's suv to go for a look. Turns out he has 8 tractors, 5 runners, half a dozen mower decks, a blower, dozers, tillers, weights, 1 1/2 vac systems, a SHELF of tiller PTO's, wheels & tires, and so on. Shoulda drove the truck...

We got on real well, and chatted for nearly an hour. I walked out with a 398 2-peice cultivator, a 42" blower and a front counter weight. He's not ready to really start liquidating, but a very recent a personal loss has caused him to let 2 of his 3 gardens go, and he has a nearly new CUT Deere with loader for his snow removal needs.

It was a GREAT trip, and I'm excited to have a cultivator that has eluded me for as long as I can remember. He has my number, and I have his. Might even run back down to give him a hand installing a new BGB in a nearly new looking 2110 Hydrolift he's tinkering with.

This will be going on the 3012 I sold to a buddy...

He bought this NOS back in the '80's from a dealer liquidation, and pulled it off the shelf for it's first season of use 2 years ago.

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  12:09:14  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have no use for the blower, thank goodness, but I love the complete cultivator. I have one question...will you actually cultivate with it? I use mine but are scared to death to try it on my plants.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 04/23/2011 12:13:49
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  12:35:40  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ha....I fully intend to, but yes, I'm scared to run it through when things are growing. I think this one will be more controllable than the 209, as that swings and slides side to side, similar to a moldboard, on the sleeve hitch.

Phil, I'll give ANYTHING a try =] I might run some string in the garden and tru some test drives before I plant (which is already late). We're still getting heavy frost nearly every night, and the recent rains have been near-constant and heavy.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  12:57:41  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats awesome, Haven't seen one but now I definitely want one. Might even use it. Just talked to a CL seller who has a Nice AC 36" late model FDT blower, and a nice Simplicity late FDT 32" blower, both for $100. While we were "Talking Tractors" He said he also has a 725 he wants to get rid of thats sat in his barn for 8 years, but was in nice running condition then. I wanted my next acquisition to be a B1, but I guess I can "settle" for a 725. :)

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  16:36:22  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry, I love the 725's, but sold mine to a father/son team wanting to get into pulling. Needed room, and funding =] If I were you, I'd grab all three, as those blowers bring $150-200 here, each. I had a guy from North Carolina stop in while on a business trip and give me $175 for my early 1-belt 32" blower...didn't even know they got snow there.

My next project, with any luck, will be an early Squire or B1. A 725 would have a hard time staying off the trailer too...we'll see. Timing has more to do wtih it htan anything!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  16:45:49  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I run my 990699 which is the rear portion of the 990398 deep to bust up the clods since I don't a present have a working tiller other than that back breaking walk behind. This year I discovered that it worked nicely to make my rows before planting (better than my home built hiller).

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  18:49:43  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never used the factory sweeps on any of my other attachments. My others all all like yours. They have those at my local tractor supply for about $5 each. I did get a hiller for $.99 on ebay, but haven't looked into what/where I wanted to hook it up. I may not need it, if your cultivator worked to well!

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  20:38:46  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find Josh! Too bad we aren't neighbors, you could hook me up with some tractor goodies!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  22:51:32  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice buy! I wouldn't turn one down if it came my way for a price I could swing, but doubt if I'd use it much. Not enough ground clearance for straddling anything with much height. But it would be cool!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2011 :  07:51:01  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm interested to see how high I can get that thing. It doesn't stand a whole lot higher than my grader blade, and for my use, I don't see clearance being an issue. I'll have to get you some pics of the results!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic