Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 552 / Visits Today: 552
Highest Active Users: 552
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Finishing touches on the Diesel Duratrac. Photos
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  00:46:32  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bear with me if you will please. I'm experimenting with photo sizes.

If you will click the address below you will see that the loader looks better on this tractor. The Kubota looks too small.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab136/cmvans/Kubota7-17-2009001.jpg

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 04/16/2011 20:04:12
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  08:17:58  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great Chris, and yes, more proportionate on the diesel.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  17:55:53  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom the rear hangar straps for the deck are 8" from hole to hole on center.
Hope this helps.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Cvans on 04/16/2011 20:09:05
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  20:16:37  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel this Bolens must be quite a bit bigger than the Kubota as I can pick up the same weight without
all the ballast. Also the combination feels quite a bit more stable. It's been a long enjoyable project
and one I hope that will remain problem free.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  22:33:58  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That looks great! However I think that loader would look better on my Allis! I bet it will be a real workhorse.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2011 :  23:54:32  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could be right about the Allis. Simplicity and Allis make great machines.
I've learned my lesson about one thing for sure. If you put a loader
on a tractor make sure that your rear axle shafts are supported by the differential housing all the way out to the
wheels or you will be replacing axles.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

superbinder

214 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2011 :  12:26:00  Show Profile Send superbinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the pics, Chris, I know all you have to do is walk me thru this, but the front adjustable arms flip forward to the front mount, right? Initially i thought they were solid in that position. What kind of loader is that on the bolens, looks good. Thanks again,Dave. I got it all figgered out, thanks again

Edited by - superbinder on 04/28/2011 01:39:50
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2011 :  02:17:32  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes the brackets go forward and actually attach to the outside of the tractor brackets. I've looked at those things several times and they don't look right but they work like a charm.
The loader is a Johnson Work Horse. It's a clean looking loader but it doesn't have the self leveling bucket like my Kwik-way does.
When push comes to shove I'm keeping Johnson and selling the other.

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic