Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4773 / Visits Today: 4773
Highest Active Users: 4773
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 of course, it's a...er...uh...?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

terdybukrat

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  09:43:53  Show Profile  Visit terdybukrat's Homepage Send terdybukrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hadn't seen one of these with the joystick, so I picked this up from a coworker.

I believe it's the Ward's twin to this beautiful '59 Wonderboy 600. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, but it sure is interesting. I kinda like the little 3 blade deck too. It has a 7hp replacement engine that so far I can't get any spark out of.

If at first you don't succeed...grab a bigger hammer!

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  21:00:53  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, that's a cool one! One of those things I've wanted for some time but don't really need. I sure wouldn't turn one down if it came my way. That one looks pretty good for it's age.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

stangstud1

8 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  07:36:07  Show Profile  Visit stangstud1's Homepage Send stangstud1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find!
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  07:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Before I knew any better, I used to wrinkle my nose at the gold ones...now I can't find anything in gold to save my life...

Go to Top of Page

CRANEMAN

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  23:22:30  Show Profile  Visit CRANEMAN's Homepage Send CRANEMAN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sooo, I don't have any experience with these. I have heard of them before, but never seen one in person. How the heck do you drive that? I'm guessing it has to do with the joystick.
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  07:32:05  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, the joystick steers it and also when you pull it towards you it engages the belt to move the tractor.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Ryan

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  20:44:11  Show Profile Send Ryan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think they are really unique. I was lucky enough to come across a wonderboy but it is not complete nor in as nice shape as yours.
Mine is missing the motor. Does anyone know the model # by the way?

Separately I did find a reelmower! Hopefully sooner than later, I will find the time to complete the package.

I hope you enjoy your very rare find!!
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  20:51:54  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ryan, other than the blades having some rust/scale, that reel mower looks to be in super good shape.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  20:53:53  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW, nice reel mower....
learned the value of those working at the state park
mowing.... oh... well.. lets just say I mowed some...

those are the cats pajamas!!

are you a golfer??

Chris 3/4's : )

Edited by - sammiefish on 03/27/2011 20:54:44
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  20:59:40  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've never seen one in person but it would be great fun to try mowing with it. Very unique.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

terdybukrat

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  14:02:02  Show Profile  Visit terdybukrat's Homepage Send terdybukrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I liked the little 3 blade deck that I got with it, but after seeing Ryan's reel mower I don't know. That looks reely cool.

The previous owner said he replaced the points etc. under the flywheel, but couldn't make any spark either. Anybody know what the gaps are supposed to be? Hopefully I can get the magnet(s) cleaned up and the spark problem was just a gap issue. That's hopefully because other than those 2 gaps, I really dont recall what else contributes to the spark on these little critters!

If at first you don't succeed...grab a bigger hammer!
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  21:21:04  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found two today, but dunno if I'm up for any more projects. Not sure what they would even sell for...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic