Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2442 / Visits Today: 2442
Highest Active Users: 2442
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Ready for dirty work...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  11:40:05  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd share...I'm catching up on projects, and finally picked up some new hardware, and painted a few pieces so I could reassemble my Brinly plow. I had taken it apart and had it sandblasted and powedercoated back around New Years. That project gave way to winter activities and now that the ground is thawing, I had to wrap it up. I'm eager to get it adjusted and give it a try. Curious how the finish with hold up too.

Shown with my homemade sleeve hitch, which works fabulously with my cultivator.

Any other improvements/additions for garden work that we could look at??? =]

truckman

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  13:03:57  Show Profile  Visit truckman's Homepage Send truckman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! That looks terrific !!!!!! Very nice job can't wait to see how it
performs.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Go to Top of Page

USA
2317 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  14:43:21  Show Profile  Visit 1014211's Homepage Send 1014211 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That does look sharp. Nice job.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  15:03:39  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is nice... it looks new!..

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  15:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I wish I had a before picture. It was the worst one Ive ever seen, and pulling it apart was extremely.difficult. I had.nothing into it, so I went with the cheapest powder...black. Its my first plow, and man is that thing heavy.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  16:19:55  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, and of course I want one... But a new truck is first, If I'm not real carefull where I look, I'll be driving a Powr'max to the store.....

Hope to see how it works and what you pull it with

Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  17:19:29  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Josh. Paint looks good but I hate to dissapoint you. You do not want paint on the plowshare or moldboard. The dirt will stick and build up. Share and moldboard should be shiny. If you have sandy ground it will scour quickly and you will be OK. Otherwise you should clean and polish those surfaces. When finished plowing coat exposed surface with grease to stop rust. B10Dave.(12 year member of Ontario Antique Tractor Plowmen's Association.)

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

sammiefish

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  17:57:13  Show Profile  Visit sammiefish's Homepage Send sammiefish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I picked up my first plow last spring...
it was a newer brinley... obviously used just a couple
of times.... use it and that share and board will look
shiny..!!! you'll love it.. as for what doesnt get polished
off with a few uses... hey ... corrosion protection...

you'll love the natural polish.. and hey.. paint if you dont plan
to use for years.... but is that EVER the case??

use it... youll love it..
dont be like me as a kid... get a new baseball and not use it
cause it'll get dirty... i am still getting over that issue in my life...
i love these tractors to look like new... but in my case.. I do it right..
then i get it dirty...... just part of my process...

Chris 3/4's : )
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  19:30:32  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to start feesh, and break her in myself. The.only thing painted is a few bolts, the rest is powdercoated, and after it wears, the share will flake and exposed metal will polish nicely...thats assuming i get some miles on it!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  10:06:18  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One thing you need to do is back the jamb bolts out on the sleeve hitch so the plow can flop back and forth. If the mount is ridgid you will find the plow steering the tractor rather than vice versa and you will not be able to plow a straight row. That is why I use a chain lift on my plow mated with the old style hitch but the new hitch will work fine if you back off the bolts. Btw that plow will certainly win the beauty pagant.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 03/15/2011 10:11:00
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  16:41:04  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yep looks good. cant wait to use mine i had to wait for three weeks to get after i paid for it. might just have make the garden bigger this year with it. or buld the pulling track for the tractors i planed on making.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  15:26:07  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I quickly found those bolts help me when I'm moving it around...in and out of the garage, etc. I nearly flopped that thing against the side of Momma's new suv, and she'd have sold every last tractor part had I done that! There's a lot of flop to it, when it's in midair, but I do plan on backing them out for use in the dirt.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2011 :  20:48:34  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Yeah, I quickly found those bolts help me when I'm moving it around...in and out of the garage, etc. I nearly flopped that thing against the side of Momma's new suv, and she'd have sold every last tractor part had I done that! There's a lot of flop to it, when it's in midair, but I do plan on backing them out for use in the dirt.

That is the very reason I went back ton the chain lift in the moldboard plough....I wiped out a section of picket fence when the plow flopped. It would do a number on a car. Ouch.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 03/17/2011 20:49:21
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  09:57:52  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With any luck, I canget some dirt on the thing after work. I'll only have 10 minutes or so to play, at most, but we'll see what we can do. I have some awefully tough, unbroken ground where I would like to extend my garden. It will be a good test, and I'm getting behind after breaking the B110. I'd love to try out the 209 too...

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  11:31:01  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, I like that . 7 Sweeps? I see you have the auxiliary starter in the standard position hanging off the RH arm rest frame. What tractor?

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  11:56:50  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! Yeah, the starter belt was broken when I picked it up, and I'm currently tearing the tractor down for a rebuild. It's my Big Ten, and I tell ya, that auxillary starter works great! Full choke, one pull...two if it's sat for a week and it's below 20 degrees. Purrs like a kitten...

If I can keep my project moving (and I need to, simply to free up garage space), we'll have pics of a Hydrolift, HiLo, Big Ten/L10 in prime form. I need to get to work making some TIME first!

I picked up a brand new furrower for a rear tine walk behind tiller on ebay for $0.99, and will be looking for a way to mount it to the cultivator or Brinly frame as a towable hiller. The thing is adjustable, and is over a foot and a half wide. I was suprised how heavy and nice it was...still in the plastic.

I wouldn't mind a cultivator like yours too...thing that would work OK with rippers attached?

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 03/25/2011 11:58:00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic