Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1115 / Visits Today: 1115
Highest Active Users: 1115
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Product Acquisition.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  08:22:32  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just cant help myself these days...

Not sure if this is going to be a parts/donor tractor, or if I.will.put the time.into a complete restoration. Im tempted to tear it apart and get it blasted and painted. Its complete and runs, but needs a lot of love.

This hilo would look fabulous on my B110....

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  08:42:38  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sheesh! Nice find, weights, hi/lo, rear work light, front light bracket. Any attachments? I think I see that it has the pto pulley on the left side to run the tiller.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  08:54:48  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats definitley something you should tear apart and restore. Its a nice find and we need to see the pics of the progress too! Gets us motivated!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  09:07:30  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its great to throw things out there and listen to folks 'notice' the little things. It needs a new hood and right side panel...maybe a gas tank, all of which I have spares of in A+ shape.

It has a coil conversion and decent rubber. That pto pulley is actually incorrect, but probably did the job at some time. Its going to cost me some coin to get it painted and to find the little odds and ends, but im leaning that way.

I love the 101's...

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  10:31:30  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd run it a bit and work the bugs out, then there will be no question of parting it out. Looks like the tires are usable and it runs - thats a good start. And you might find you want to paint it yourself, lots of us have on cobbled together tables out back. and there are alternatives to sandblasting for most of it. And running 101's aren't going to get easier to find, especially for what I suspect you have into that one. :)

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  12:53:48  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would actually like to try the painting myself, but I can get everything blasted for $40, and have it back the same day. Saves sooooo much time and elbow grease! Plus I wont end up with that half-arsed look Ive seen on so many machines.

We'll see...Im thinkin on it. =]

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  13:03:22  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
$40 is cheap, I would pay more here for just a mower deck or set of rims.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  13:53:00  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My guy blasted and powder coated a pair of rims for $10...BUT, the powder coat adds some thickness, and I dont think it would work for body panels. It is extrememly durable thoough. I had him do my Brinly too...

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  13:55:46  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice catch Josh! I can't believe you were lucky enough to find someone to sand blast the whole tractor for $40. I'd be all over that.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  14:16:31  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

My guy blasted and powder coated a pair of rims for $10...BUT, the powder coat adds some thickness, and I dont think it would work for body panels. It is extrememly durable thoough. I had him do my Brinly too...

His name and address please? I have a 60' box trailer I'll fill up and send him. Heck, if his oven for baking the powder coat is big enough he can do the trailer too.

Just Kidding........

Go to Top of Page

truckman

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  16:51:33  Show Profile  Visit truckman's Homepage Send truckman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice find!!!!
Lookes like you have the brackets on the left forthe tiller clutch lever. Would you mind taking some close up pics I am starting to build one for my tiller.
Thanks

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  20:46:39  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a cheap price for blasting, I don't even know of anyone around here to do it at any price.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2011 :  22:41:46  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guy and his brother have been in this spot for 30 years...they used to have a heavy work load, sometimes exclusivly for a local GM stamping plant, blasting dies so I'm told. Nowadays, they are more hard-pressed to fill a week, and advertise 'no job is too small'. I took a set of rims in there and the guy was great to talk to. One of those guys that is hard to walk away from...he's seen everything come through the shop. Classic cars, frames, tractors, industrial equipment, railcars, and on and on. He seemed to share my passion for saving old stuff, and hadn't seen anyone come through with garden tractor parts. He recognized my 3012 I had and the deal we have is, I bring him what I've got, and he blasts at his leisure (whenever he has time). So far, I've never gone more than a few hours without getting a call saying the job is done!

For powder coating, he says he can match any color...I'm tempted to see how close he can get to my Simple Orange. I thought their largest booth was something like 24 feet.

He's almost on the list of folks we send a Christmas card to...

Edited by - Talntedmrgreen on 02/19/2011 22:43:27
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2011 :  10:19:52  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like some great folks to deal with! I have my eyes wide open for a hi/lo or a RBT six speed. Your buy makes me drool.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic