Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4945 / Visits Today: 3305
Highest Active Users: 4945
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 I have a thing for new rubber (video)update video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:20:16  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decide to pull the front turf tires, aka rubber anchors, off the Simplicity 7016. I installed 4.80/4.00-8 AG tires man this thing turns with two fingers WITH the front plow on it, next it gets fluid filled rear AGs and along with the 25 lb wheel weights I;m going to forego the chains, around here I just dont think I'll need them,very little snow, more slush and mud.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32x-1sq0q-4
oops forgot the video in the shop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GitaWywuec

Edited by - ATF on 09/02/2010 22:37:30

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:30:38  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are good looking tires, where did you get them.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 09/02/2010 22:31:25
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:39:04  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A guy gave them to me, he wanted the wider ones and accidentally order the skinny carlisles, I can get these at my local tire store for under 20 bucks apiece

Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:41:28  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They look great!

Those are the same tires i've got.

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  22:43:27  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't tell what tires I have as it is dark out.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  23:03:20  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

I can't tell what tires I have as it is dark out.

Are you funnin us Phil?

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  09:35:35  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh now that you edited your original post with the shop video I can see that I have the wide turf tires. Heavy steering has always been an issue...so much that I have added thrust bearings to the king pins.

Truly, I did not know whether you meant Ag lugs or Ag tri-ribs! Your new video is most illuminating

Phil

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 09/03/2010 09:40:52
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  09:44:40  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am curious...Are you head lights spots or floods? It looks like you illuminate a narrow patch many yards out in the front of the tractor. Is that what they do or is it just the limitations of the video camera.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  13:15:17  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed the vids - I watched a few others of yours on utube. Thanks for keeping them small - I am on rocket dialup connection - it takes a while; but not bad for vids less than a minute. I just get it downloading, and do something else, then watch the vid.

I really don't get the "hard steering" comments that a lot of people make. Mine seemed hard at first. I greased and oiled anything that moved, and firmed up the steering wheel that was flopping like an out of control frisbee. I just hint at direction, and it goes there, no problem. It's a little effort when tractor is not moving; but even then, not bad.

I do need to eventually replace my front wheel bearings. There's some play there; wheels look a little floppy sometimes. I am not sure what is acceptable in that area (maybe none?). Maybe that helps my steering, I don't know. Keeps on working tho.

Should the front wheels kinda wobble a little bit? It seems hard to firm them up with the set screw system. I did what I could; new bearings would help a bit. Even then, it comes down to pushing the bearing pack with three hands and turning a little allen key. I should do that again cos the grease is probably better packed now - used tons of it, grease everywhere. I feel like a real mechanic when I get grease all over the place. /p

Nice looking little AG tires, ATF. I like the LED lights on the rear too. I am growing my todo list.

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334
Go to Top of Page

thepatriot

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  16:41:29  Show Profile  Visit thepatriot's Homepage Send thepatriot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want some of those tires!What store sells them???

AC B10-Simplicity LL101,7010,7110,7790DIESEL
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  18:19:31  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get these at my big tires store, they match any internet price with no shipping, These tires run 23 bucks. The lights look more center lit than they do in real life. It was pitch black and the only thing that showed was the center part of the beam, I can see well on both sides, but I am going to tilt them a smidgen out anyway. I have High speed but it takes a long time to upload, so I figure I don't want to make videos ANY more than 2 minutes tops, around a minute or under and there is very little delay even with dial up

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic