Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4341 / Visits Today: 2701
Highest Active Users: 4341
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 7112H Cleaned up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  19:13:39  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it wasn't for the left front wheel... I think I'm going to leave this completely original for now anyway.

This tractor had to have sat in the weeds for a long time. There is virtually no wear on anything, and not a scratch under the seat, and look at the engine compartment... I'm not THAT good at cleaning. Completely serviced the hydro and ran it for an hour, Perfect! (for a Sundstrand)

The 48" deck on the other hand.... needs help probably. More to follow

Edited by - larry8200 on 09/01/2010 19:19:20

thepatriot

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  20:03:39  Show Profile  Visit thepatriot's Homepage Send thepatriot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a looker!!!

AC B10-Simplicity LL101,7010,7110,7790DIESEL
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  20:15:12  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great Larry! I wouldn't recommend cooking on it now that its cleaned up!

Saw a 7116 at the shop at my local Simplicity/ AGCO dealer today. It was having the BGB rebuilt. The main drive ball bearing had seized. Great looking machine, had a Briggs in it. It was good to see the owner was getting it fixed, you know what i mean.

Take care and keep the pics coming!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like you oiled it up like a pro body builder, he he. That is one clean machine. BTW, Larry I would highly recommend the skinny wheels and tires on this machine, it will sure make it steer easy. I used sealed bearing wheel barrow wheels with the short shaft and 3/4" hole, for tires I used diamond stud knobby's, but the little trailer tires make a good turf tread, the 4.80 AGs are nice also and cheap.

Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  23:37:28  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yah, looks like newish. Even the decals in front of the seat look like replacements. Did you oil or armorall everything? Too shiny. It must be closer to mid 80's year.

Strange that one wheel comes up rusty; maybe it's a replacement - none of the others look anything like that.

Can we have pancakes and myrple syrple tomorrow?

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  05:16:45  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gray

Yah, looks like newish. Even the decals in front of the seat look like replacements. Did you oil or armorall everything? Too shiny. It must be closer to mid 80's year.

Strange that one wheel comes up rusty; maybe it's a replacement - none of the others look anything like that.

Can we have pancakes and myrple syrple tomorrow?

Only the drive belt is new, I said it had to have sat in the weeds, only way to explain the rust on the deck and wheels. the seat pan under the seat is also like that from holding water.

Pancakes are great, dont know this "myrple syrple" is it something Canadien?

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  10:39:03  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Old Rover took a liking to that wheel. He wouldn't have to put his signature on it too many times to cause that rust. Nice looking machine. You could park in my yard anytime.
Chris

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  13:31:12  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Larry, did you just pressure wash? or use a degreaser? It almost looks like you painted the engine, etc.

I pressure washed mine back when I bought it; and was happy with the improvement also. But it doesn't look that good like yours. It's been well treated, or barely used. Certainly not bashed around much.

Myrple syrple = Maple Syrup - I guess that's an old Canadian tradition; but I guess it has spread to the States; probably well known in NE states, New England area. I guess there's some restaurants in NYC that feature it now (as if it's a new trend, it's old pioneer stuff). "Sugar maples" are the best species; there are oh approx 8 species of maples, mostly hardwoods, some soft woods. The have maple syrup festivals around here in the spring time, also big in Quebec. Heavy maple forest is called "sugarbush".

edit = I should add that maple syrup is not just a stupid sugar treat. It contains complex carbohydrates, plus vitamins, plus minerals. So it is actually real food.
(There's also a little known cleanser called the "master cleanser" which uses maple, lemon, cayenne (real ingredients only, no substitutions) in a specific exact mixture as a food support during a 10-day "fast". Read the book, if interested, before attempting).

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334

Edited by - Gray on 09/02/2010 13:38:15
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  14:40:41  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Gray, A gracious Canook deserves an answer :)

First, I knew very well what you meant. I prefer waffles with fresh butter, myrple syrple, and sliced strawberrys. Sausage or bacon. Stop by!

Second, I dont use pressure washers, I cause enough mischief with a hose. Add large amount of elbow grease between every other word. I warmed it up good to start, and sprayed greasy areas liberally with degreaser. waited half an hour and hosed it down. Started engine and while running I hosed everything while using a wire brush, bristle brush, and rags. Fowled the points here and killed it, oh well. I mixed regular laundry detergent, 1 cap to 1 gallon in 5 gallon bucket, and keeping the tractor as wet as possible, using rags and soft to medium scrub brushes spent 3 hours scrubbing it with soap solution till clean (what a mess!) After this was thoroughly dry, most of the paint was oxidised and dull. I have a polishing compound I mix myself made of pumice, light oil and a solvent that I use for removing blemishes and blush from the Laquer I spray in my shop. With that and another three hours using rags, soft brushes and a rubber pick to get crap out of corners and you have it.

My polish softens most finishes (they re-harden). Auto buffing compound doesn't, but tends to leave visible traces that really show up on black.

Edit: It was a lonnngg day start to finish, but I went through the hydro and put the shroud back together too. Since I decided to check EVERYTHING, I figured might as well clean it good first, and as usual, I got carried away. Just about to mount the mower deck and make some stripes! :)

2nd edit: It was dusk when I took most of these pictures (no accident) and I used a tripod and/or an auxillary flash to take these pictures, increasing the shine, and I only posted the best 8 out of 30 picture. :)

Edited by - larry8200 on 09/02/2010 15:03:32
Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  23:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the descript, Larry. That sounds kinda serious; even professional. The results are amazing.

What kind of belt is oh so nice blue?

Good luck w the deck trials.

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  08:09:54  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The belt is green, actually. It's a Gates power rated belt.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12826 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  09:48:45  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am curious...Why would anyone take of something as critical as a fan shroud and leave it off? I am so glad for you, he still had it.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  10:39:45  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somone had replaced the drive belt with one to long and it was right in front of the shrouds forward bolt hole. The back of the belt was also rubbing on a bolt. The print on that belt was still clear so it hadn't been on there long. PO prefers his craftsmen and obviously knows nothing about it, said he took it for a bad debt. Everything on this tractor is great, and at the same time not quite right. I think it was piecemealed. The roller bar on the deck is on backward, the hydro shroud is close enough, but not right ( had to "tweak" it HARD), Engine has no drain plug, light duty LT battery held in place with a tree branch, J8 plug instead of RH10, what looks like a welded crack on the engine block, holes on the engine fan shroud where something was once mounted, wrong bolts on hood, Ignition key was in upside down, the float on the gas cap/gauge has to be pushed through the hole in the tank, but is the same as my OEM cap on my 3400....

But as they say, It all came out in th wash. :)

Go to Top of Page

Gray

Canada
165 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  12:36:39  Show Profile  Visit Gray's Homepage Send Gray a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's another benefit of cleaning - you find all kinds of details. And really get to know the machine - like "seeing" with the hands. It's amazing what we don't see because of how we look, or focus, or discern. I read a bunch of Carlos Castenada books - he described this phenomenon as our "assemblage point", and talked of how we could "shift it" to have better vision, see the impossible, (assemble a better pix) etc.
I found that kinda fascinating - I get into some unusual stuff. There are many ways to see. Even tho it's tractor cleaning, it can be cleaning the cleaner, in a strange way. Welcome to mystic lalaland.

ALLIS CHALMERS 716H
SIMPLICITY Pacer 1334
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic