Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2799 / Visits Today: 2087
Highest Active Users: 2799
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Mystery Tractors - name pending!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  18:53:37  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are two mystery tractors which if we can determine the make, I'll change the title! Anyone have an idea what these are? I could not get closer because I took these photo's through a fence while on vacation...

Tractor1:

Tractor2:

Michael

Richard L.

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  20:20:07  Show Profile  Visit Richard L.'s Homepage Send Richard L. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They both look like something from the 40's or earlier. What country were you in??? It looks like an English imagination at work there. I've got some books here with pictures of Model A era trucks that have an articulating dump body something like #2.
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  20:52:47  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, you've got me stumped! Whatever they are either of them would be welcome here on the ranch.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Richard L.

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  21:14:57  Show Profile  Visit Richard L.'s Homepage Send Richard L. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does that 2nd one have the seat and the steering wheel so the operator is facing the hopper? It looks kind of like a forklift.
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  21:32:20  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michael. I believe you will find they are of European origin. When I visited England in the mid eighties they had lots of self propelled dumpers like those and we saw them everywhere from building sites to small scale road repair jobs. Can't put a name to either of those machines. Where did you see them? Dave

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  01:13:14  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye, it's a right proper lory now isn't it, you could tell me it's name and I say, and bob's your uncle, I haven't the foggiest.

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  03:51:27  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard, yes the seat points towards the hopper. Dave, the county is Italy, the sticker on the yellow tractor is below. I thought they were interesting looking also. They have a number of hydraulic lines and look fairly strong. They look like older models.

Reads: "Officine Piccini Perugia Italy"

http://www.officinepiccini.com/piccinigroup_files/piccinigroup_en/piccini_group_concranes_en.htm

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  07:48:01  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think they are that old. Certainly not from the 40's or even mid 50's. I would be tend to call them Trucks rather than tractors. I have seen similar along with motorized hoppers and wheelborrows used on construction sites here in the states.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  16:39:08  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe they also make much larger versions of this same type of machine. Something that looked large enough to be driven on the roads but configured like the one in the second picture. Backwards dump trucks.

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  16:49:31  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These were at the Pompeii site

Michael
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  19:58:59  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like, to me, they both have the dumpster in the front. See the steering wheel sticking up over the hopper on the green one also.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic