Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 500 / Visits Today: 500
Highest Active Users: 500
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Rear Hitch Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  08:01:22  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I have to do is drill five holes, the two hitch pin holes, two stabilizer bolt holes, and the clevis hole. Then I can weld it all together

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  18:00:33  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I ain't the best welder or fabricator, but I reckon this oughta do. I may change out the lift rod with something stronger, so feel free to offer suggestions/criticism

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  21:45:15  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mike, I am afraid your lift rod is going to bind a bit. This is what I did to remedy that problem. disregard the orange arrow.

That position turned out to be too far out and I have since then redrilled the hole 2 3/8" away from the pivot shaft. Once I get a little more proficient at welding I plan to weld a tab with a hole at the bottom edge of the lift lever to emulate the later models.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/30/2010 21:57:34
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  22:02:23  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gotta learn to read your emails several times, I don't know how long I looked at that orange arrow, lol, I THINK I know what you mean. My lift rod hole goes vertical through the bottom of the tube, yours is drilled vertical higher up on the lift tube. Thanks

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  22:11:29  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

I gotta learn to read your emails several times, I don't know how long I looked at that orange arrow, lol, I THINK I know what you mean. My lift rod hole goes vertical through the bottom of the tube, yours is drilled vertical higher up on the lift tube. Thanks

Mine is drilled horizontally but don't drill it too far away from the pivot point as I did (took three men to lift a ten inch plow). ....drill it about 2-3/8 inch up the tube.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 07/30/2010 22:11:56
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2010 :  23:41:06  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I got it, because where mine is now is way lower, right.

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  10:10:05  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
forgive me, but what is this used for.
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  10:58:50  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's to attach and raise implements such as disc, cultivator, aerator, spring tooth, and plow. Most implements are pinned and the bolts are tightened to hold implement tight and be able to lift. The plow is just pinned in order swing free.

Go to Top of Page

larry8200

USA
3166 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  12:25:45  Show Profile  Visit larry8200's Homepage Send larry8200 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  12:35:27  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i use mine the same way but i just use the origanal lift. for my tiller, cutavater.and rear plow. what is the advantge of this attactchment. just wondering.
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  12:40:17  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

i use mine the same way but i just use the origanal lift. for my tiller, cutavater.and rear plow. what is the advantge of this attactchment. just wondering.

Go to Top of Page

simplelife

USA
1385 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  13:55:43  Show Profile  Visit simplelife's Homepage Send simplelife a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You will need this style of rear hitch to use many of the attachments that are not OEM like rear scraper blades, box blades, or attachments made by Brinley,
Agway, etc... They will not attach to the OE< FDT sleeve hitch like is on your plow. I believe they are needed for the RBTs also.
Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  15:25:16  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

quote:

You will need this style of rear hitch to use many of the attachments that are not OEM like rear scraper blades, box blades, or attachments made by Brinley,
Agway, etc... They will not attach to the OE< FDT sleeve hitch like is on your plow. I believe they are needed for the RBTs also.

Really I sure thought they would, older sleeve hitch is just short with no attachment bolts aren't they? This type of hitch allows you to turn with and use implements that need to be drug further back, maybe?

Edited by - ATF on 08/01/2010 15:30:52
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  18:52:32  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ok i gotcha. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

SCUMMY

Australia
106 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  13:30:35  Show Profile  Send SCUMMY an AOL message  Send SCUMMY an ICQ Message Send SCUMMY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gday
this is what i made and it lifts better then i thought it would?
the rake is only good in loose stuff
cheers

Everything Is On hold All My Stuff Is Packed In a 40ft Hc Im Not In The Farm House No More? My Marriage Is Over Stuff Her

Simplicity 7013S Baron (Runs & Cuts)
Simplicity 2110 (Motor in 7013S No Deck)
Simplicity 4211 (No Motor No Deck)
Simplicity 701? (Wont Start Got Deck)
Stiga Park 2000E (Deck Needs Work)

1 Day 1/2 Made Front 42" Grader Blade
Made Mid Mount Grader Blade
WTB Brinly Sleeve Hitch Cultivator
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  15:38:39  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this my sears that i use for draging the drivway
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic