Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 620 / Visits Today: 620
Highest Active Users: 620
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Rear Hitch Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  15:49:35  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike, I'd just use a chain for the lift. This will allow for float. Some want down pressure, but it's nearly useless on garden tractors, as it unloads the rear wheels & traction is lost. The main problem with your lift rod is that it has to bend in order to move, as the rod is rigid mounted and cannot change angle.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  18:03:25  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Daniel, I've heard that before, I hadn't even considered having down pressure on a sleeve hitch, since it's a cable lift, I don't even know how it would be possible. i was thinking of you the other day, when I was helping my buddy with his MF231, we were trying to put a new kit in the power steering cylinder, sure could have used your expertise, lol, just ended up doing half of it, but it works.

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  18:47:37  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot the lift is operated by cable. My 416 didn't have rear lift, and the only Allis/Simplicity I've ever owned, so I stuck my foot in my7 mouth on that one. Some cylinders are tough to get the piston seals into the tube. Was that your issue?

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

ATF

USA
1892 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  19:04:18  Show Profile  Visit ATF's Homepage Send ATF a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I couldn't get the back cup and seals and rod out, they weren't too bad though, it all works great now.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2010 :  07:24:00  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SCUMMY

Gday
this is what i made and it lifts better then i thought it would?
the rake is only good in loose stuff
cheers

Looks like that Simplicity has really had an impact on your place, Scummy. Good investment! I bet that rake is a bear to lift sticking out that far in the rear.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 08/11/2010 07:29:36
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  13:52:01  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it would be better it he had the front counter wieght to make up the diff on the rake.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2010 :  08:21:34  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

it would be better it he had the front counter wieght to make up the diff on the rake.

I think a shorter tongue would make it much easier to lift.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic