Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2359 / Visits Today: 1768
Highest Active Users: 2359
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Allis 300/400 Sickle Bar Mower
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:05:44  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the sickle mower I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It needed a lot of work to get it into this condition. Still need to get the belts put on to make it functional but its getting close to seeing some mowing action.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/02/2010 18:06:50

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:26:32  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Work! I like that cup holder too!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  23:59:30  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those sickle bar mowers are cool. That is the first I have seen for a 300 or 400 series tractor.

I started to crank up my B112 with sickle bar mower this evening to cut the neighboring abandoned lot but ran out of time after mowing my yard.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  20:58:59  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a 416H and a sickle bar mower for it. This is the first time I've seen a pic of one installed. Might get mine out and see if it works...

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  00:00:32  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

I have a 416H and a sickle bar mower for it. This is the first time I've seen a pic of one installed. Might get mine out and see if it works...

they are a scary looking implement but are a blast to operate. I go down the road looking for lots that need to be mowed just so I can play. I have plans to cut a field what has 3-4 years of growth with small small saplings and briers. Might even get paid to do it.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  08:02:07  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have had AC/Simplicity sickle mowers in the past. I must say they are much lighter, easier to move around and mount onto the tractor than this Haban. From reading the manual, a little more complicated to get set up for mowing also. On the plus side, you run this three quarter to full throttle while mowing which should mean a nice cut. Also, it's heavy enough to warrant a dedicated tractor for it. :)

Mack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic