Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3094 / Visits Today: 2503
Highest Active Users: 3094
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 AC HB-314
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  09:15:45  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After many years of delays, this project has seen progress in the recent weeks.

A little history first. Back in 2004 I put a B series lift on my Allis 312.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/07/2010 23:13:55

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  09:34:45  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In 2005 the project went through many forms. Toyed with the seat deck off a B-112. Hoping to come up with a way to mount the 300 seat deck so it swivels like the rest of the AC/Simplicity.

The thought of mounting an old style mid PTO also considered then abandoned. Had a B series sickle mower at the time that I thought might look good on it.

Mock up with a 16 HP. Briggs motor in it.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 05/26/2010 22:10:01
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  11:57:22  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After a couple of relocations and many years passing, I got on the project again after finding someone willing to make a dash decal for me. Which was one of the bigger obstacles of this project.

Another snag. The Briggs motor sits much higher than the Kohler. Could probably make it work but the Briggs air filter service would require the brace removal each time. So.... a Kohler goes back in.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 05/26/2010 12:03:49
Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  14:44:21  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just get a B Series tractor??????

Roy
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  15:00:00  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to lie, this project is confusing...

It looks like its been together and apart multiple times
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  17:55:15  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mack, that is very interesting. I don't remember the side plates
on the transmission attaching to the front of the tractor that way on our old 312D. Is that original to the series? I am like Adam. I think I am following what you are doing then I see something different. I did not even notice the change over to Briggs...Imagine that! Is that the original frame length? Looks looooong without the running boards. So. which tractor has the lift in it now?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin

Edited by - skunkhome on 05/26/2010 17:55:32
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  22:42:49  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! I can now see that I can show some pics of my 410 and at least one fellow won't go HUH? I am sticking ALL B-series sheet metal on a 410 running gears! Weird, yes! Unnecessary,of course! But danged if it ain't fun! Mine gets a bit stranger than that, as soon as I get done with the swap meet I will get back on it and snap a few pics. BTW, looks like a nice job so far, the lift looks like it grew there.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  22:54:18  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roy, Where is the fun in that! Anyone can do that! :)

I have actually had at least a dozen B series through the years. Some stick around for a little while, one was bought and resold on the same day. I do have a B-1, B-10 and Simplicity 2012 at the moment. They seem to always get sold whole or parted eventually.

The AC 300/400 series stay around a lot longer. The front frame of this project tractor is from a 410 shuttle drive that my dad bought back in the seventy's. I spent many hours mowing, tilling and plowing snow with it growing up.

So this may be my only way to have a B series thats not for sale. :)

adamf203, Sorry if this post is confusing. I was trying to get the pictures uploaded before adding much text as I have lost entire postings in the past with errant key strokes. It has been together and apart many times in the 6 years since starting it, but has not been an actual running tractor yet.

Phil, Those are the correct side plates and proved a very sturdy mid section protecting the BGB. Once this project gets completed I can concentrate on getting the loader mounted to one of the 300/400 around here.

Mack
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  06:29:51  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The design of the mid section may be why I remember the tractor being very stiff feeling compared to the old b series. I was already a couple of years into college when my dad bought the 312d so I did not spend a lot of time around it. There are many features I just do not remember. It is interesting to see one being worked on. Love the details

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  14:51:43  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here it is! These are pics from the Buckeye Farm Antiques show in Wapakoneta, Ohio. I would like to thank Corey Foerster @ www.clickitandstickit.com for his help with the hood and dash decals.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/01/2010 10:38:31
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  15:01:09  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, yours even has a tach! Never seen one with the optional tach.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

storm7016

244 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  17:32:43  Show Profile  Visit storm7016's Homepage Send storm7016 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want a tech, that's just cool.

Storm Larrison
Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2010 :  23:16:09  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the looks of the old style seat on the newer tractor, looks like a winner!

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2010 :  20:42:53  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
even has the cigarette lighter...how times have changed.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

allisstuff

40 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:30:03  Show Profile  Visit allisstuff's Homepage Send allisstuff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Wow, yours even has a tach! Never seen one with the optional tach.

I seem to recall that you picked the tach up on Ebay.
Go to Top of Page

acb10_64

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:42:59  Show Profile  Visit acb10_64's Homepage Send acb10_64 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks Great! Definitely a keeper! Good job!

Wes

2 1964 Allis Chalmers B-10's

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic