Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1492 / Visits Today: 1194
Highest Active Users: 1492
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 AC HB-314
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

B112

USA
5227 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  18:54:56  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great. I like the treads.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  07:21:22  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tractor looks great. I too love the looks of the old seat on the new tractor. Infact I love the B-series colors on that as well.....

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

ByronC

USA
1604 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  19:52:42  Show Profile Send ByronC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang it.... I hate you!!! Just kidding... :)
That looks awesome!!
Like I don't have enough going on with my 620 and 720. Now you make me want to start restoring my 416H Allis.... Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Great job!!!

Byron---Allis-Chalmers

The Few, The Proud, The Orange.
918H Agco-Allis, and a 928D Grasshopper Diesel.
D-21 Allis-Chalmers
Allis-Chalmers Tech for 7 years.
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  23:12:54  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments. Got the final touches on the tractor today. Just need to clean up the front wheels and weights to be ready for the next show.

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/07/2010 23:25:34
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  05:55:34  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, that is not an AC mower? What does the AC mower look like?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  06:44:31  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil, What gives you the idea that it's not an AC?

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/08/2010 08:23:20
Go to Top of Page

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  23:44:28  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since it has been painted, has anybody walked up to you and asked you why you put the AC decals on a Cub Cadet?Seriously,how did you pulley the K for the pump?

310,410,312D,416
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  06:16:33  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mack

Phil, What gives you the idea that it's not an AC?

Well, I misunderstood this post:
quote:
Originally posted by Mack

I have had AC/Simplicity sickle mowers in the past. I must say they are much lighter, easier to move around and mount onto the tractor than this Haban. From reading the manual, a little more complicated to get set up for mowing also. On the plus side, you run this three quarter to full throttle while mowing which should mean a nice cut. Also, it's heavy enough to warrant a dedicated tractor for it. :)
Actually, I am still scratching my head.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
204 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  07:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Mack's Homepage Send Mack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phil, I do not know if Simplicity manufactured their own sickle mowers or had another company make them. I do know the ones for the earlier tractors are a lot different than the one I have on this tractor, which was made by Haban Mfg. for the AC 300/400 series. I was referring to the earlier models in that instance. Just to make things clear as mud...

There is also this...

Mack

Edited by - Mack on 06/10/2010 07:59:02
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  18:18:36  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH I thought you meant it was an aftermarket product. It was designed and built to market as an AC mower kinda like the mold board plow that isn't unique but was marketed as a Simplicity/Allis but is made by Brinly. I would just about bet the sickle bar mowers were outsourced also. Of course the 300/400 are vast departures from the Simplicity design with front mower PTO and right hand discharge. Now a hydraulic mower....that is interesting.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

adamf203

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2010 :  19:40:54  Show Profile  Visit adamf203's Homepage  Send adamf203 an AOL message Send adamf203 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a beautiful tractor...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic