Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8970 / Visits Today: 4873
Highest Active Users: 8970
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Got a Kubota too Phil!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Leroy

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  00:44:31  Show Profile  Visit Leroy's Homepage Send Leroy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by skunkhome

Wow, Leroy! I don't follow you at all. I am not sure how a 3/8" street elbow could help me get the axle assembly out of my Kubota when the pivot pin (AKA Axle support) that is stuck is approx 1.5" in diameter. somehow I must not be seeing the picture you are trying to paint.

I misunderstood. The pictures were of a pin and the discussion seemed to be the presence or lack of a bearing.

So my effort was the help you get a bearing in there from the front.
I didn't see anything broken. Sorry about the confusion.

Edited by - Leroy on 06/21/2009 02:16:58
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  00:54:15  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leroy

quote:
[i]Originally posted by skunkhome

Wow, Leroy! I don't follow you at all. I am not sure how a 3/8" street elbow could help me get the axle assembly out of my Kubota when the pivot pin (AKA Axle support) that is stuck is approx 1.5" in diameter. somehow I must not be seeing the picture you are trying to paint.

I misunderstood the pictures were of a pin and the discussion seemed to be the presence or lack of a bearing.

So my effort was the help you get a bearing in there from the front.
I didn't see anything broken. Sorry about the confusion.

Leroy, no problem, It just had me puzzled. Now that I have a buddy with one maybe he can give me some insight. I know Daniel will have that thing torn apart, cleaned up, tuned and reassembled before next weekend.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  19:09:30  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, did you have a copy of this exploded drawing of the Kubota 3 point hitch? The way you like to modify things I figures you might get some ideas from the drawing. I also have a complete parts catalog for that series of tractor, if you need any info.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  21:16:42  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually I had thought about it, but as busy as things have been lately, I pushed that idea out of my mind...at least for several months. I have 3 others with 3pt anyway, so until I find myself with nothing to do & bored, I'll put it on back burner. Appreciate the page though & will copy & save. The Kubota really mkows nice & fits where none of my other tractors will, save for the MF85. Plan on selling the 85 soon if I can find a buyer. Sold 2 motorcycles today during & after chopping silage. My 1100 Virago is my keeper. Sold my 750 Virago today & also sold my 74 Suzuki GT750. Never ride the 750 anymore, so decided to make more room in my shed. Will pay off the 1100 & all my other little bills. Been a good day to sell stuff!
Thanks again Phil, may make that 3pt someday.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  22:47:50  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, have you had a chance to do anything with your Kubota?

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  09:37:30  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Daniel, have you had a chance to do anything with your Kubota?

Mow with her regular...never a burp out of it! Very best trade ever for sure. She fires right up & is ready to mow. Does a very nice cut also!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  01:24:07  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daniel, did you get the manuals with the Kubota? Tractor & mower?

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  09:22:42  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, no manuals at all. But then I hardly ever use manuals....keeps my thinker working! I usually only need manuals for clearances & the like when into engines. The hydro I am familiar with...same as my Unico & some Massey's.

Edited by - olcowhand on 09/30/2009 09:24:14
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  13:36:26  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Nope, no manuals at all. But then I hardly ever use manuals....keeps my thinker working! I usually only need manuals for clearances & the like when into engines. The hydro I am familiar with...same as my Unico & some Massey's.

I have owners manuals if you need info. I am going to try to figure out how to put them in a PDF that way I can make them available to people on the Kubota forum.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  00:36:48  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Daniel:
Are you still running the G4200? If or when you need any information on these (I have 2 of them) I have in my possesion all of the parts and shop manuals. And thanks for reminding me about this site. It's been awhile since I've been here and it's good to see a lot of the old faces are still here.
Chris

East Central South Dakota

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  08:57:14  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

Hi Daniel:
Are you still running the G4200? If or when you need any information on these (I have 2 of them) I have in my possesion all of the parts and shop manuals. And thanks for reminding me about this site. It's been awhile since I've been here and it's good to see a lot of the old faces are still here.
Chris

Yep, still have her, but in a deep freeze, so not running her at the moment. She still runs like a top! I did get her cranked up before the cold moved in. Warmed her a bit, then dropped some coolant to top off with fresh antifreeze. Did the same with my Massey 1010 & JD F935.

Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  10:10:11  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have mine parked next to a small Nebco heater. It's my small loader tractor so I use it a lot. I lift the hood and turn on the heater for 15 or 20 min. and she fires right off. It's funny but I don't know how I got along without it all of these years. Makes the perfect small loader tractor in my mind. I haven't decided for sure what I going to do with the other one yet. The Z430 engine is a real sweetheart once you get over the sound.
Chris

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:27:10  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Chris, at slower speeds they do sound as though they have a miss don't they! But at top revs they sound great! I only mow with mine, so she'll only see the occasional warm day warm-up till Spring. My Massey 1010, I installed a block heater.

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  00:13:37  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thec kubota is very cold natured and don't have room for much of a battery. As I recall the biggerst thing I could find was about 350 CCA.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Cvans

USA
4406 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  09:53:41  Show Profile Send Cvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your right Phil! Lots of glow plug. Even when it is warm out they like their glow plugs. I have a large Bolens GT 2000 that I'm thinking about putting one of these engines in. They are so frugal on fuel usage that it just makes sense. I kind of like the noisy little buggers also.
Chris

Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic