Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 314 / Visits Today: 314
Highest Active Users: 314
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 air cooled diesel any oppinions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doyoucesp1965

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  19:48:38  Show Profile  Visit doyoucesp1965's Homepage Send doyoucesp1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all.. taking ideas on about re-powering a tractor or two..Maybe start with a 68 deere ! engine burns oil and needs a rebuild.. techumson 10 in it now and was cruisin Ebay and saw diesels goin for cheap! I would like input as to what any other out there have used in there's? Single cyl. air cooled prefered..Lets get some ideas goin...

doyoucesp1965

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  19:02:21  Show Profile  Visit doyoucesp1965's Homepage Send doyoucesp1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well i guess there no bites on this one?
Go to Top of Page

B112

USA
5229 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  19:43:40  Show Profile  Visit B112's Homepage Send B112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I missed this; I'm not quite familar with the 68 Deere, so if you could give us a photo and describe what you've done for research/sizing about your project.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  20:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"was cruisin Ebay and saw diesels goin for cheap!"

Been thinking of doing the same sort of thing. Don't see any reason it shouldn't work provided the diesel will turn 3600 RPM. Simplicity sold Lombardini powered diesels for some time. Think they were/are single cylinders.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  20:48:01  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I missed this post too...sorry. Lots of people are putting the Chinese diesels in tractors these days. I know at least 2 put in Massey's and they love them. It's do-able for sure!

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  22:27:20  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

I missed this post too...sorry. Lots of people are putting the Chinese diesels in tractors these days. I know at least 2 put in Massey's and they love them. It's do-able for sure!

that "Chinese" is the only thing that gives me pause.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  08:33:01  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

that "Chinese" is the only thing that gives me pause.

Yes, but sadly Chinese diesels are pretty much all anyone can afford these days. But then most small diesels in sub compacts are made overseas also.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page

Roy

USA
1366 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  09:10:45  Show Profile  Visit Roy's Homepage Send Roy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why Phil, thought you knew.

Everything is Chinese made now. That's why we don't have jobs anymore.

But, fear not, O-bomb-a is going to save us.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

doyoucesp1965

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  20:44:51  Show Profile  Visit doyoucesp1965's Homepage Send doyoucesp1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will be trying once again to post a pict.. thinking that if I take the pict with my cell ,download it to my comp.,It will then be of lower resolution to post on here .. yupp I the guy who can't get his picts posted w/o help from Mike..lol..On the deere while sittin on the seat flwheel on the left and everything else sticks out the right side...now for a simplicity Would need to make an adapter for the flywheey side and hope and pray that it mounts down inside the frame pow enough.. thought about the Deere and the Guinea pig as I dont want to hack-up a perfectly good allis or simplcity on a wild notion of being 'different".. the orange tractors worth more to me then the green anyway..
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12827 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  21:24:39  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roy

Why Phil, thought you knew.

Everything is Chinese made now. That's why we don't have jobs anymore.

But, fear not, O-bomb-a is going to save us.

Roy, last time I looked we were getting pretty pink...if your are poor, never fear, you will have company very soon. We will all be working for the government or for Walmart!

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic