Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3463 / Visits Today: 3463
Highest Active Users: 3463
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Predictably Abnormal (for me)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  16:48:47  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The D-A wrecker, 75th and Bigg Boy for a group shot.

Bigg Boy is on the lift right now and may not be around much longer in this dress. I have been going to put it back to 'normal' for 3 years now and either cover it up with a blanket or sell it. It is one of the most well kept tractors (for it's age) I've ever seen. Original paint, seat, engines, etc. At least, when I built it, it wasn't altered as to not being able to go back to original. I think I drilled 2, basically undetected, holes in the frame, and will put the power steering hydraulic cylinder, where it belongs an actual Simplicity steering valve/column will be installed.

B.R.

PS - Thanks to Phil for downsizing my pics. I don't know why camera takes oversize pics in one shot an correct size in the next.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 02/05/2012 17:03:21

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  16:56:20  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool group! Is there a post somewhere on the Bigg Boy? Unique setup...head turner, if nothing else! =]

Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  17:48:03  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I need to take a trip to Muncey and take that AC off your hands when you decide to dispose of it. Would finally have a real orange one.

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

midnightpumpkin

USA
888 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  19:39:28  Show Profile Send midnightpumpkin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the look of Bigg Boy.

What's the turning radius on Bigg Boy, something on the order of 80 feet, I would guess.

Nice fleet.

John U
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  22:20:46  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It turns surprisingly sharp, but not like original small tires. I have never bothered to measure a turning radius and I know it's not good, but who cares. FYI, the front tires are 23x9.50-12. Rears 26x12.00-12 Firestone.
Left front tire touches the air filter cover with the K341, but nothing with the 2 cyl. Command.

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 02/05/2012 22:27:14
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  19:22:25  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been nearly as big of a job to put Bigg Boy back to normal as it was to build it otherwise. Actual Simplicity power steering (compared to what I had in it) is a lot of work, but I was able to take the 2 front hoses back to the hydraulic line guys and had them cut down, so it save the expense of $.55 per inch hydraulic line and just cost labor and the price of 5 end fittings. The hoses were same as new before they segmented them.
It just seem like it's taking forever.
Next the hood goes back on, seat pan brought down to normal height and normal size rear wheels, it's about done.
I think it was warm weather when I built it and the temps now, make it hard for me to want to go out and do anything, period.

B.R.
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  19:51:59  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We will need to see some glamor shots of the girl when you are through, Ron. I cant wait to see. What engine is it going to have in it?

Phil

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  20:30:49  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm done putting Bigg Boy back to normal and now may have figured out the mega doodle crap on resizing the pics.

The end.

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 02/18/2012 18:58:17
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  19:58:29  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ron, that sounds so final. What engine is in it?

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

biggie_rat

USA
1235 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  21:48:54  Show Profile  Visit biggie_rat's Homepage Send biggie_rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

Ron, that sounds so final. What engine is in it?

I'm somewhat sure that's the engine that came with it, but will have to presume it is a 16hp Kohler (1 cyl.). There is no tag on it and if I had the head off to measure the bore it's been several years ago and I can't remember what I did yesterday, let alone, 6-8 years ago.
Final due to that's the end of Bigg Boy and since this was Bigg Boy II, if I do something else, it won't look like this. In other words, no Bigg Boy III.
I just noticed, since I shrank the pix, the tractor and wheels look kind of rough. It isn't.

B.R.

Edited by - biggie_rat on 02/18/2012 21:51:03
Go to Top of Page

skunkhome

USA
12824 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  22:31:58  Show Profile Send skunkhome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will have to paint the wheels orange like you had on BIg Boy II.

Phil

Benjamin Franklin
Go to Top of Page

oldsarge

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2012 :  01:11:49  Show Profile  Visit oldsarge's Homepage Send oldsarge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know the key, How many head bolts?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic