Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2789 / Visits Today: 156
Highest Active Users: 2789
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 WD-45

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SimplicitySwede Posted - 08/04/2013 : 21:28:14
So I have kinda started my own business I think. I been working on a Farmall H that I have been restoring for a guy. Well my dad works with a guy who wanted his WD-45 painted. He told me its been sitting in a shed for bout 8 years. I told him I could do it. Which included I had to get it running. Well he winched it on a trailer and dropped it off at my house. Well My buddy and I were looking at it. Im a Farmall guy and know nothing about AC. I asked him if he wanted to try and get it running? hes like sure. I said 1st things 1st. Grabbed the hand crank and went to turn it over. Wouldnt budge. Great. Pulled the plugs corrosion on number 2. Shined a light in the plug hole and saw rust. Yup shes stuck solid. I called the guy and he said he wanted to overhaul it. So thats what ill be doin. I may have a few ?s for you guys here. 1st off whats the best way to pull an engine outta a 45? Heres some pics

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/SimplicitySwede/library/Toys/Allis%20Chalmers%20WD45%202nd%20Customer%20Dan%20Carson?sort=3&page=1
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SimplicitySwede Posted - 08/10/2013 : 15:57:51
The difference I noticed is the WD has a plate bolted to the side of the block for lifters. The 45 doesnt. Im amazed by the ratio of weight to HP to theses things. The need to weigh a little more in my book.
skunkhome Posted - 08/09/2013 : 07:19:42
Well if the stroke is 4" the engine is from a WD or WC. If its 4.5" is WD45 or even D17. D17 has larger journals and mains.
SimplicitySwede Posted - 08/05/2013 : 13:08:46
This tractor I think is 2 tractors in one. It has WD45 features but also has a few WD features. I think the engine is a WD. One thing I See though is. The outta frame kit is not much more than the in frame kit. In a way I think the best thing to do it all. Then I know everything was done to it. Ill decide when I get the pan pulled off the bottom of it, then Ill know what to do.
Cvans Posted - 08/05/2013 : 09:12:02
quote:
Definitely do it in the frame,,, we overhauled a 45 once,,, out in the field ,,, cracked the head, seized one piston,,, 6 hours later, up and disking again

Now you know for sure it can be done. This would save you a lot of time if the crankshaft seals are good.
Denny Posted - 08/05/2013 : 08:33:55
Definitely do it in the frame,,, we overhauled a 45 once,,, out in the field ,,, cracked the head, seized one piston,,, 6 hours later, up and disking again.
skunkhome Posted - 08/05/2013 : 07:04:59
Are those flat top pistons? I thought the WD45 had power crater pistons. I wonder if it was rebuilt with WC pistons to boost hp.
SimplicitySwede Posted - 08/05/2013 : 03:08:35
I haven't checked the crank yet. That will be the deciding factor. But new sleeves is a must. I figured it was dry sleeve tho
skunkhome Posted - 08/04/2013 : 22:19:31
Check the internet. You should be able to find complete kits for in frame overhaul.
Cvans Posted - 08/04/2013 : 22:10:06
I'm with Phil, just do it in the tractor. If you have to pull the engine I think you can do it without splitting the tractor as it has a full length frame..
I had two WC's but never had an engine problem. Somewhere around here I still have a factory service manual for Allis tractors but I'll have to see if yours is in there.
skunkhome Posted - 08/04/2013 : 21:57:53
I thought they used to do the overhauls in frame. I believe the cylinders have wet sleeves. I think they are still available if honing won't correct.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1