Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1590 / Visits Today: 1590
Highest Active Users: 1590
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 B-10 gears grinding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
superbinder Posted - 05/23/2013 : 21:16:37
My tiller b-10 tractor grinds gears so bad, I have to hit the switch to almost kill it, jab it in gear then turn it back on to shift it.The belt looks right, the split pully works. Everything looks like the B-10 loader tractor, which shifts good.What do you think?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
superbinder Posted - 05/24/2013 : 20:44:22
I have not had a chance to try any ideas yet due to mowing, which is the idea of putting a mower deck on one of my allis tractors. I want to see first hand the nice mowing job they are supposed to do.
skunkhome Posted - 05/24/2013 : 09:24:21
Denny and Chris, you are right. A maladjusted brake band can be the root of all your issues. I forgot first start off with the brake band and make sure it is not too tight. If too tight it can prevent the clutch from traveling all the way. I had a tractor that where they apparently couldn't stop the tractor and they tightened the brake so much then actually bent the pedal and broke the shaft tube away from the frame standing on the brake trying to get it to stop. Backed the brake off and the clutch started releasing and the tractor would stop when you pressed the brake.
sammiefish Posted - 05/24/2013 : 08:23:58
like Denny and Phil are getting at... there are two things going on when you push the clutch/brake pedal

1) loosening of the tension pulley when depressing the clutch/brake pedal
2) tightening of the brake band on the brake "drum" to stop the transmission from spinning.

On my 310 my brake band is worn and out of adjustment so even though the belt is slack... the transmission
continues to spin for 10 - 15 seconds.... If I wait for it to stop spinning then I don't get any grinding.

like the guys said... I too would check the adjustments and the brake band
Denny Posted - 05/24/2013 : 06:30:06
Hint,, put it in neutral,, adjust everything untill the belt will completely stop when the pedal is depressed. This includes brake, clutch rod, and belt guards. If the belt is moving, It will grind.
B112 Posted - 05/23/2013 : 22:46:15
Are you sure your BGB is not grinding?
skunkhome Posted - 05/23/2013 : 21:55:10
I would warn against "jamming" into gear. It think that is probably the major contributing factor in the shifting peg popping out of the shifting forks. I am thinking there is one or more of the following things going on.
1) wrong belt, wrong length, wrong profile, is the belt wrapped or bare?
2) belt guard at BGB too "tight" prevent belt from being released
3) belt guard at BGB too "loose" failing to catch belt

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1