Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5102 / Visits Today: 1298
Highest Active Users: 5102
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Puzzle almost complete - a Vickers in the barn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/23/2011 : 13:22:47
Well, I'm not sure what did it, but after a couple months of waiting, the PO came back to me with a much lower price on the 3212H I was bird-dogging earlier this summer. I'll have to make some room again, because this one's a keeper. Runs good, drives nice. Newer tires. Everything is good and tight. Gettin real picky, the only Issue I have is the sheet metal. I don't have a desire to redo this one, but the hood and seatpan make it look like a victim of a roll over accident. It's tough on my eyes, and I may be able to save the pan, but I'll be looking for a new hood. It really looks like it flew off going down the interstate, and was retrieved. (I have an Allis side panel that will be painted for over the hydrolift)

Overall, I'm thrilled to have a machine with the Vickers, and the only one I really would like to still add to the collection would be a small frame. The 48" deck is a welcome addition.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/26/2011 : 19:27:40
Dont tease! I WILL drive it to the ice cream shop! Maybe not in reverse the whole way, but I WILL back into a parking spot. =]
sammiefish Posted - 08/26/2011 : 17:16:26
on the reverse thing...
the 300 (vickers) is spec'd to be
3.9mph in reverse...
the specs I read for the 1970 12hp soverign
states "reverse... to 4 mph" I assume this to be
at 3600 rpm going down hill... : )
just for comparison the 300 specs to 8.1 mph fwd...
where the fwd speed is spec'd "... to 7mph"

im with Larry on this.. all the slop that develops
in the linkages cause the movement at the hydro to
decline... tighten 'er up and run reverse all the way
to the ice cream stand... (or where ever!!)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/26/2011 : 16:34:10
Hmmm...I'll have to peek at it, and familiarize myself with teh manual for this one.

Freddie...I'll get some GPS #'s for ya! That will be fun...never tried it on my GT's. =]
olcowhand Posted - 08/26/2011 : 16:19:18
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I'm curious...Larry, maybe you can provide some insight. How fast is reverse on these? It hauls the mail in forward, but reverse is S L O W . . .

Maybe I'm just getting spoiled by the speed of the machine, but reverse just gave me an odd feeling.

Likely just needs the linkage adjusted as it's not allowing enough movement into reverse.
freddie Posted - 08/26/2011 : 13:46:59
use the GPS on your I PHONE. mine reads 4.5 mph in reverse
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/26/2011 : 06:43:17
I'm curious...Larry, maybe you can provide some insight. How fast is reverse on these? It hauls the mail in forward, but reverse is S L O W . . .

Maybe I'm just getting spoiled by the speed of the machine, but reverse just gave me an odd feeling.
B-16_IC Posted - 08/25/2011 : 22:21:20
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Rich, time is on sale right now at Wally World. Look in the aisle that has sailboat fuel and submarine screen doors. Bottom shelf on left side. Dave.

If only I hadn't sworn off going to Wally World! Maybe some other store will match there price! I'll be sure and share the good deal if I find it Josh, I'll use a flat rate box and stuff it full. My submarine could use some new screen doors too, hmmm.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/25/2011 : 05:42:09
Pick up some extra and send it my way! Ill cover the shipping...shouldnt cost much. =]

I went down and did some mowing with her last nite...wow...that tranny is sweet. Im in love, for sure.

There is a couple things the deck needs to cut right. The belt is wrong, and on the smaller of the two pto pulleys, so I will be picking up a new one. Also, two rollers are missing, and the bar the roll on isnt right...too short.

I spent some time adjuating the seat pan, and discovered its bent and has some busted welds. I think now that I will need one of those prior to a hood, to avoid sitting with my weight on the fan cover.

Runs like a champ though! How fast do these go in reverse?
B10Dave Posted - 08/24/2011 : 23:52:42
Rich, time is on sale right now at Wally World. Look in the aisle that has sailboat fuel and submarine screen doors. Bottom shelf on left side. Dave.
B-16_IC Posted - 08/24/2011 : 23:21:36
Good things come to those that wait! That is definiteley a good one! I have one of it's twin brothers in the garage awaiting a tear down and cleaning. Anyone know where I can buy some time?
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/23/2011 : 16:31:40
quote:
Originally posted by Speedy2222

it's actually still on there.. needs the side decals stripped( wrong model) but it's pretty cheap and the paint doesn't look that bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-3112H-Tractor-Hood-/200605596529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5067b71

That is nice! I dont think the 3212 had hood model identifieers anyway, did it? I thought that's when they moved to the woodgrain on the side panels like Freddies.
acdad Posted - 08/23/2011 : 15:25:53
Nice Grab, Josh!
Speedy2222 Posted - 08/23/2011 : 15:15:22
it's actually still on there.. needs the side decals stripped( wrong model) but it's pretty cheap and the paint doesn't look that bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-3112H-Tractor-Hood-/200605596529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5067b71
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 08/23/2011 : 14:17:33
I'm always late on things like that. I'm in no big rush, but will be keeping my eyes peeled. Might even bang on it first to see how well my metla work can be =]
Speedy2222 Posted - 08/23/2011 : 13:59:48
there was a very nice hood on ebay a few weeks back for $50.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1