Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1236 / Visits Today: 1236
Highest Active Users: 1236
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Puzzle almost complete - a Vickers in the barn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  13:22:47  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm not sure what did it, but after a couple months of waiting, the PO came back to me with a much lower price on the 3212H I was bird-dogging earlier this summer. I'll have to make some room again, because this one's a keeper. Runs good, drives nice. Newer tires. Everything is good and tight. Gettin real picky, the only Issue I have is the sheet metal. I don't have a desire to redo this one, but the hood and seatpan make it look like a victim of a roll over accident. It's tough on my eyes, and I may be able to save the pan, but I'll be looking for a new hood. It really looks like it flew off going down the interstate, and was retrieved. (I have an Allis side panel that will be painted for over the hydrolift)

Overall, I'm thrilled to have a machine with the Vickers, and the only one I really would like to still add to the collection would be a small frame. The 48" deck is a welcome addition.

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  13:39:01  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i think i have that left side panal for you
Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  13:43:22  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yep here it is

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  13:52:56  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Freddie! Can you say, PM sent?!?

Go to Top of Page

Speedy2222

115 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  13:59:48  Show Profile  Visit Speedy2222's Homepage  Send Speedy2222 an AOL message Send Speedy2222 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
there was a very nice hood on ebay a few weeks back for $50.
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  14:17:33  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm always late on things like that. I'm in no big rush, but will be keeping my eyes peeled. Might even bang on it first to see how well my metla work can be =]

Go to Top of Page

Speedy2222

115 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  15:15:22  Show Profile  Visit Speedy2222's Homepage  Send Speedy2222 an AOL message Send Speedy2222 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's actually still on there.. needs the side decals stripped( wrong model) but it's pretty cheap and the paint doesn't look that bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-3112H-Tractor-Hood-/200605596529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5067b71
Go to Top of Page

acdad

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  15:25:53  Show Profile Send acdad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Grab, Josh!

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

- Chris

Big Ten
912H

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  16:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Speedy2222

it's actually still on there.. needs the side decals stripped( wrong model) but it's pretty cheap and the paint doesn't look that bad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-3112H-Tractor-Hood-/200605596529?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5067b71

That is nice! I dont think the 3212 had hood model identifieers anyway, did it? I thought that's when they moved to the woodgrain on the side panels like Freddies.

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  23:21:36  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good things come to those that wait! That is definiteley a good one! I have one of it's twin brothers in the garage awaiting a tear down and cleaning. Anyone know where I can buy some time?

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

B10Dave

Canada
1951 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  23:52:42  Show Profile Send B10Dave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rich, time is on sale right now at Wally World. Look in the aisle that has sailboat fuel and submarine screen doors. Bottom shelf on left side. Dave.

Money can't buy you happiness.
It can however buy you a beer.
And that is close enough.

Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  05:42:09  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pick up some extra and send it my way! Ill cover the shipping...shouldnt cost much. =]

I went down and did some mowing with her last nite...wow...that tranny is sweet. Im in love, for sure.

There is a couple things the deck needs to cut right. The belt is wrong, and on the smaller of the two pto pulleys, so I will be picking up a new one. Also, two rollers are missing, and the bar the roll on isnt right...too short.

I spent some time adjuating the seat pan, and discovered its bent and has some busted welds. I think now that I will need one of those prior to a hood, to avoid sitting with my weight on the fan cover.

Runs like a champ though! How fast do these go in reverse?

Go to Top of Page

B-16_IC

USA
2823 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  22:21:20  Show Profile  Visit B-16_IC's Homepage Send B-16_IC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Rich, time is on sale right now at Wally World. Look in the aisle that has sailboat fuel and submarine screen doors. Bottom shelf on left side. Dave.

If only I hadn't sworn off going to Wally World! Maybe some other store will match there price! I'll be sure and share the good deal if I find it Josh, I'll use a flat rate box and stuff it full. My submarine could use some new screen doors too, hmmm.

Life is all about paying. Pay attention, or pay the consequences, the choice is yours. Rich
Go to Top of Page

Talntedmrgreen

USA
4110 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  06:43:17  Show Profile  Visit Talntedmrgreen's Homepage Send Talntedmrgreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious...Larry, maybe you can provide some insight. How fast is reverse on these? It hauls the mail in forward, but reverse is S L O W . . .

Maybe I'm just getting spoiled by the speed of the machine, but reverse just gave me an odd feeling.

Go to Top of Page

freddie

USA
2129 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  13:46:59  Show Profile  Visit freddie's Homepage Send freddie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
use the GPS on your I PHONE. mine reads 4.5 mph in reverse
Go to Top of Page

olcowhand

USA
5115 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  16:19:18  Show Profile  Visit olcowhand's Homepage Send olcowhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I'm curious...Larry, maybe you can provide some insight. How fast is reverse on these? It hauls the mail in forward, but reverse is S L O W . . .

Maybe I'm just getting spoiled by the speed of the machine, but reverse just gave me an odd feeling.

Likely just needs the linkage adjusted as it's not allowing enough movement into reverse.

Daniel in Ky -- So much to do, so little time!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1
end of topic