Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 13762 / Visits Today: 12252
Highest Active Users: 13762
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Adding to the attachment collection

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/23/2011 : 11:35:38
Well, I picked up some more goodies today, and made a new friend in the process. A tip led me to an old timer, about an hour from home who is beginning to consider selling some of his garden tractor stuff. So, I packed myself and some coffee in the wife's suv to go for a look. Turns out he has 8 tractors, 5 runners, half a dozen mower decks, a blower, dozers, tillers, weights, 1 1/2 vac systems, a SHELF of tiller PTO's, wheels & tires, and so on. Shoulda drove the truck...

We got on real well, and chatted for nearly an hour. I walked out with a 398 2-peice cultivator, a 42" blower and a front counter weight. He's not ready to really start liquidating, but a very recent a personal loss has caused him to let 2 of his 3 gardens go, and he has a nearly new CUT Deere with loader for his snow removal needs.

It was a GREAT trip, and I'm excited to have a cultivator that has eluded me for as long as I can remember. He has my number, and I have his. Might even run back down to give him a hand installing a new BGB in a nearly new looking 2110 Hydrolift he's tinkering with.

This will be going on the 3012 I sold to a buddy...

He bought this NOS back in the '80's from a dealer liquidation, and pulled it off the shelf for it's first season of use 2 years ago.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/24/2011 : 07:51:01
I'm interested to see how high I can get that thing. It doesn't stand a whole lot higher than my grader blade, and for my use, I don't see clearance being an issue. I'll have to get you some pics of the results!
B-16_IC Posted - 04/23/2011 : 22:51:32
Nice buy! I wouldn't turn one down if it came my way for a price I could swing, but doubt if I'd use it much. Not enough ground clearance for straddling anything with much height. But it would be cool!
acb10_64 Posted - 04/23/2011 : 20:38:46
Nice find Josh! Too bad we aren't neighbors, you could hook me up with some tractor goodies!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/23/2011 : 18:49:43
I've never used the factory sweeps on any of my other attachments. My others all all like yours. They have those at my local tractor supply for about $5 each. I did get a hiller for $.99 on ebay, but haven't looked into what/where I wanted to hook it up. I may not need it, if your cultivator worked to well!
skunkhome Posted - 04/23/2011 : 16:45:49
I run my 990699 which is the rear portion of the 990398 deep to bust up the clods since I don't a present have a working tiller other than that back breaking walk behind. This year I discovered that it worked nicely to make my rows before planting (better than my home built hiller).

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/23/2011 : 16:36:22
Larry, I love the 725's, but sold mine to a father/son team wanting to get into pulling. Needed room, and funding =] If I were you, I'd grab all three, as those blowers bring $150-200 here, each. I had a guy from North Carolina stop in while on a business trip and give me $175 for my early 1-belt 32" blower...didn't even know they got snow there.

My next project, with any luck, will be an early Squire or B1. A 725 would have a hard time staying off the trailer too...we'll see. Timing has more to do wtih it htan anything!
larry8200 Posted - 04/23/2011 : 12:57:41
Thats awesome, Haven't seen one but now I definitely want one. Might even use it. Just talked to a CL seller who has a Nice AC 36" late model FDT blower, and a nice Simplicity late FDT 32" blower, both for $100. While we were "Talking Tractors" He said he also has a 725 he wants to get rid of thats sat in his barn for 8 years, but was in nice running condition then. I wanted my next acquisition to be a B1, but I guess I can "settle" for a 725. :)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/23/2011 : 12:35:40
ha....I fully intend to, but yes, I'm scared to run it through when things are growing. I think this one will be more controllable than the 209, as that swings and slides side to side, similar to a moldboard, on the sleeve hitch.

Phil, I'll give ANYTHING a try =] I might run some string in the garden and tru some test drives before I plant (which is already late). We're still getting heavy frost nearly every night, and the recent rains have been near-constant and heavy.
skunkhome Posted - 04/23/2011 : 12:09:14
Have no use for the blower, thank goodness, but I love the complete cultivator. I have one question...will you actually cultivate with it? I use mine but are scared to death to try it on my plants.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1