Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4774 / Visits Today: 4774
Highest Active Users: 4774
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Ready for dirty work...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/14/2011 : 11:40:05
Just thought I'd share...I'm catching up on projects, and finally picked up some new hardware, and painted a few pieces so I could reassemble my Brinly plow. I had taken it apart and had it sandblasted and powedercoated back around New Years. That project gave way to winter activities and now that the ground is thawing, I had to wrap it up. I'm eager to get it adjusted and give it a try. Curious how the finish with hold up too.

Shown with my homemade sleeve hitch, which works fabulously with my cultivator.

Any other improvements/additions for garden work that we could look at??? =]
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/28/2011 : 08:17:25
One more...that cultivator rocks! That thing will stop the tractor faster than the mold plow will. Adjustment is a breeze, and a little goes a LONG way.
B-16_IC Posted - 03/27/2011 : 23:10:03
Tractor time is very good therapy! Sounds like you needed it, may life treat you better in the coming days.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/27/2011 : 19:23:10
Yeah...this has been my place for 'getting away'...I hadn't published the hard times. Things took a turn several weeks back, and my mother has been beat up pretty bad by it all...she's an only child. Needless to say, we're getting through it, and today was the first day the family hasn't been together. Kinda taking some time to breathe a bit. The fresh air was great =]
skunkhome Posted - 03/27/2011 : 19:15:21
My prayers are with you my friend. I must have been asleep as I did not know she had passed. Plowing with the old tractor is a great remembrance.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/27/2011 : 18:58:56
Well, the machine holds a dear spot in my heart. I'm glad I get the oportunity to use it to its fullest. I've probably said before, but my Grandfather and I tore it down to a pile of steel and bolts, sanded, and painted it, then put it back together in the winter of '97. Cancer took him and we buried him the day before Thanksgiving '99.

My Grandmother insisted I have that tractor, when I bought my home, just down the road from her, almost 4 years ago. It smoked and made noise and while it was better than spending money, I loathed it. I finally got to investigating what I needed as a plow to use clearing the drive in the winter, and stumbled on sites like this. Ever since, I've fallen in love with these machines, and am finally in a position to collect some of the stuff my Grandfather always wanted for that tractor we rebuilt.

We buried my Grandmother yesterday...about a week ago I showed her a picture of the loader I have coming. It was the last day she put a coherent sentence together, and she was sooooo excited I had found one! My Grandfather always talked about finding one, but without the internet, etc., he never did. Needless to say, I spent some good time on the tractor today...the first day my Grandparents spent together in 12 years. I'm sure they got a kick out of it...
skunkhome Posted - 03/27/2011 : 18:40:14
You know that is a seriously good looking tractor.

I see that you have the optional cruise control..

Maybe you could compost all that sod you pulled out and add it back to the garden next year.
skunkhome Posted - 03/27/2011 : 18:30:36
I suppose you made the initial setup according to the manual. If you are going too deep try cranking out on the adjustment screw and raising the tip of the plow just a bit. Go easy as a little adjustment goes a long way. If the plow is going too deep it will wear you out trying to cut a good clean furrow. If adjusted properly the plow should follow in the furrow without you having to lift it or hold it up in any manner. The only time I raise the plow is at the end of the row and when I loose traction and want to transfer more weight to the back wheels(manual traction booster). If you don't have the manual I see that Mack just posted a link.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/27/2011 : 17:26:07
If I get too deep, I hit sandy soil. The area is rich with black dirt and muck fields, but when they put in my 'development', they took most of the good fill. My soil has worked very well in the past for growing, but that field has lots of weeds with deep roots. Im done for the day...had a great time getting dirty! (finally)

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/27/2011 : 16:35:42
Coulter is as sharp as I can get it. I tried it without, but have better luck with it on...kinda moderates my depth.

Makimg good progress...hauling off the sod clods is the bummer...
skunkhome Posted - 03/27/2011 : 15:47:50
Might be my imagination but the dirt looks sandy. Looks almost as if it has been tilled rather than turned. Is the coulter sharp? Is the sod balling up between the coulter and the moldboard edge?
Mack Posted - 03/27/2011 : 15:28:22
Holy...!
Try it without the coulter. I very rarely use mine with the coulter and never in sod.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/27/2011 : 15:10:17
Finally got to hit the dirt...

It may not look like much, but that tractors NEVER worked this hard. That sod is a real beeoch!
freddie Posted - 03/25/2011 : 17:49:15
yea i hooked a root last year with mine and snap. got it all welded back together and works fine.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 15:19:49
I don't have a tree or bush for a quarter mile...BUT I"m sure to find an ancient something-or-other with a the thing!
skunkhome Posted - 03/25/2011 : 13:23:04
Take it easy on it.... I hooked a root and bent one of the tool holders pretty badly the day before yesterday.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1